Hey, I'm New Here.

General water gun discussion.
BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:18 am

Hey everyone. I just came over from Nerfhaven. This is a nice site. I may post from time to time with homemade designs or mods. I have a few guns. Never thought that you could mod them just like nerf guns. Pretty cool.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:21 am

hey, welcome to ssc. if you're from nerfhaven you're probably pretty well behaved, :Hey, that's funny.: but I might as well give the usual spiel - please be sure you've read and understood the board guidelines. and yeah, you can mod soakers :) although the tech in the more powerful ones is quite a bit different from nerf.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:13 am

Welcome, I'm kinda new to here! Its a great place, I find myself coming back over and over again!
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:00 pm

Originally posted by neobird@Jun 20 2004, 08:21 PM
hey, welcome to ssc. if you're from nerfhaven you're probably pretty well behaved, :Hey, that's funny.: but I might as well give the usual spiel - please be sure you've read and understood the board guidelines. and yeah, you can mod soakers :) although the tech in the more powerful ones is quite a bit different from nerf.
Yes, I have read the board guidelines. You won't have any trouble from me. Also, having the tech in more powerful super soakers quite a bit different from nerf makes it all the more interesting to mod.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:35 pm

What guns do you have? Oh yeah, and welcome to SSC. I post at NH occaisonally, you probably saw some of my posts and found your way here. I go by Doom there if you didn't read those posts. If you're getting into homemades and mods I'd reccommend trying to make the Air Pressure Homemade in the Homemades section and K modding a gun. Do the K modding first because it should help you get the basics of water gun tech down. If you need any help feel free to post.

BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:28 pm

My Guns:
~XP 310~ I froze the check valve and drilled out the nozzles
~XP 240~ Unmodded
~XP 210~ Unmodded
~CPS Splashzooka~ Unmodded
~Big Trouble~ Dead to the world

Edit: Forgot my old Big Trouble.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:32 pm

Hmm, I'm thinking that you're in need of a CPS gun. Go check out Sports Authority and pick up a CPS 2100, if you live in the US. They're really cheap there, like $8 with tax. After you mod that you'll know the meaning of power.

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:31 pm

Welcome to SSC! Doom may be against me on this, but since you seem to have modded your XP 310, you could always go back in and do an XPS mod (see the mods section of the site) to it to make it more powerful and have a constant stream. If you do, make sure to drill a hole in the PCs to let out the extra air (Doom never put this in the mod instructions).

Like Doom, I would highly reccomend getting a Cps gun, because most all of us know that the Splashzooka (along with the Cps 1-3-5) is a XPBackfire-esque Cps. The Cps 2100 is available at The Sports Authority for $7.49. This is an amazing deal. You won't find something like this ANYWHERE else! You can also get the Cps 4100, which has a bit more power and a bigger reserve, off of ToysRUs.com or at your local Toys R Us for $20. If you plan to mod, it is much easier to mod a 2100, but if you don't mind the price and don't plan to mod, then I definetly reccomend the Cps 4100. But you should still buy out the entire Sports Authority's stock of 2100s and sell all but one on eBay for prices that are way higher than $7.49.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:21 pm

I agree with the XPS mod, but a Splashzooka is not XPBackfire-esque. As always with any gun, it depends on the situation.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:40 pm

Well, Monsoon, you're right and you're wrong. A Cps Splashzooka and a Cps 1-3-5 could easily cream any XP gun because they have more power and longer shot times, but they are the worst of the Cps line, and for their size, they are XPBackfire-esque. Especially the Splashzooka since you can't even pump it! Well at least that gun has more output than the Cps 1-3-5. They're the worst of the best (Cps), and best of the worst (Xp).

BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:50 pm

Originally posted by blaze@Jun 21 2004, 05:31 PM
Doom may be against me on this, but since you seem to have modded your XP 310, you could always go back in and do an XPS mod (see the mods section of the site) to it to make it more powerful and have a constant stream.  If you do, make sure to drill a hole in the PCs to let out the extra air (Doom never put this in the mod instructions).

Like Doom, I would highly reccomend getting a Cps gun, because most all of us know that the Splashzooka (along with the Cps 1-3-5) is a XPBackfire-esque Cps. The Cps 2100 is available at The Sports Authority for $7.49. This is an amazing deal. You won't find something like this ANYWHERE else! You can also get the Cps 4100, which has a bit more power and a bigger reserve, off of ToysRUs.com or at your local Toys R Us for $20. If you plan to mod, it is much easier to mod a 2100, but if you don't mind the price and don't plan to mod, then I definetly reccomend the Cps 4100. But you should still buy out the entire Sports Authority's stock of 2100s and sell all but one on eBay for prices that are way higher than $7.49.
I tried to XPS mod it but the balloons kept breaking. Now I can't go back and fix it because I epoxyed the whole thing together. <_< It won't come apart. Yes, I thought of drilling a hole in the PC's to let out excess air. If you zoom in on my avatar you can see epoxy covering up the holes I made. I like the splashzooka... Well it's my best gun as of now, so thats as much as I know. That CPS 2100 deal sounds pretty good. I wonder if my sports authority has any...

Edit: Wait, maybe you can't see the epoxy. It is there.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:20 am

Blaze is being too critical of the 1-3-5. It could become a good gun when modded. A k-modded and nozzle altered 1-3-5 could potentially outgun other CPS weapons. Although people say its not worth XPS-ing a small gun, it only takes like 10 minutes and gives the gun a little kick, so why not?
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:33 am

(Doom never put this in the mod instructions)
I did that on purpose. This way it's more powerful because it combines the air pressure and the CPS. However the stream will be slightly less constant. Also, having a hole in the chamber will make you have to repair it if you ever decide to unmod it, and render your gun useless if the balloons ever blow.

BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:38 pm

I took all of your advice and picked up a CPS 2100. I'll be K modding it and I have some other mods planned for it.

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:40 pm

Originally posted by Duxburian@Jun 21 2004, 04:20 PM
Blaze is being too critical of the 1-3-5. It could become a good gun when modded. A k-modded and nozzle altered 1-3-5 could potentially outgun other CPS weapons. Although people say its not worth XPS-ing a small gun, it only takes like 10 minutes and gives the gun a little kick, so why not?
Well I'm mostly critical of it because mine is falling apart and completely ruined since it was the first gun I modded :Hey, that's funny.: . Though now that I know how to do a Check Valve Freeze I think I wil...

What you said was true. Modded, the 1-3-5 is a great gun. But that's just it. When you review a gun, you review it for what it is, not for what it can be. If that was true, then the 1-3-5 would get the same review as its predecessors, the 1500 and 1700.