Do you guys really shoot like this?

General water gun discussion.
Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:21 am

I have two questios. I looked at the trailers here http://soakers.5gigs.com/ (copy and paste into your browser) and I looked at the way they were shooting. They are barely shooting little sprits of water at a time. Do you guys shoot like this? I usually shoot and keep my finger on the trigger until there is no one left to shoot , or, there is no reason to.

Question number two: Is this the big S.O.A.K.E.R.S. movie that everyone is talking about , if it is, I am super dissapointed.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:47 pm

I noticed that. I generally like to make one-second bursts, not just spritzing. Unless I'm doing a rapid-fire, in which case I'm pressing/letting go as fast a rate as my finger can move.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:07 pm

Like Soakologist, I'm not "trigger-happy," I also like to do short bursts of water, unless someone is directly in front of me, or, in a range where I have good aim. (I usually have great aim [thanks to ThinkTanks!])

No, this is not the SOAKERS movie, that movie will be made by Hasbro, and I expect it to be crummy.
I don't check this forum anymore.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:16 pm

I also use "tap-shooting" with short bursts of water. Holding down the trigger until pressure runs out is a huge waste, in both pressure and water. Example, if you take long, full shots on a 2500, you only get about 4 or 5 of them. If you tap-shoot, you get around 30-50 shots. I always take a short shot, then pump a few times back to pressure. It's good to get in the habit of maintaining full pressure as much as possible. I do, however, let the stream run out if I want maximum shock impact, and only with a 21K, as the sting factor is simply amazing. But in a normal war, I would never take full shots, by taking tap shots, you can last up to 3 hours without a refill, normally at least a half hour.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Storm

Post by Storm » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:18 am

I believe there was an article on this? Pulse fire? The point of pulse fire is to save your water. If your having a SoakFest go ahead and fire away all you want, but The Grunt (not S.O.A.K.E.R.S) is mainly a 1hK video.

I'm not sure if you noticed or not but those are just trailers, there is actually a 25 minute movie.
Storm

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:22 am

that's interesting dux, I could only get 25 or so shots out of my 2500 on 5x before it broke. perhaps I should try a certain dangerous p/c mod doom suggested... hmmm...
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:04 am

Yes, it is one of the most common stratedgies a water warrior can use. Short, but effective bursts conserve on water, especially for blasters with a small capacity or large output. I can get a good amount of shots off from my CPS 2000 as well using this technique, and it still gets the opposition wet, while I conserve with my 5x shots and burst shots. Generally your range will be decreased a bit, but not too drastically.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:52 pm

hmm... Jade, perhaps you mean CPS2000?

I have found that with my 2100 you can't get a shot at all until after about five pumps. So what I have found is the best way to avoid being caught without pressure is to do tap-shots, as said before, and guage when you're running out of water in the PC then re-pump. That way, you have a shot even before you've started pumping, so that if you're attacked as soon as you stop firing, you can get a last shot off.
This is much harder to do with CPS than AP, as the stream stays basically the same thoughout the shot with no drop-off, unlike air-pressure where as the pressure drops, so does the stream.
Anyway... So yeah, I shoot like that.

EDIT - Spelling
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

DX

Post by DX » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:04 pm

that's interesting dux, I could only get 25 or so shots out of my 2500 on 5x before it broke. perhaps I should try a certain dangerous p/c mod doom suggested... hmmm...
That day I was outnumbered, during part of the battle 3:1. I made every shot count and lasted 3 hours with one refill.
Generally your range will be decreased a bit, but not too drastically.
I haven't noticed any drop in range, the only difference I've had is obviously less output. The amount of time you fire for shouldn't affect range, unless you take several tap shots in a row without pumping in between.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:13 pm

Originally posted by Duxburian@Sep 18 2004, 11:04 AM

I haven't noticed any drop in range, the only difference I've had is obviously less output. The amount of time you fire for shouldn't affect range, unless you take several tap shots in a row without pumping in between.
Woops, hehe forgot to mention that it did that when I did not clear the firing chamber first (dry or wet shot upwards for CPS). Other than that when the chamber is clear, range should not be affected.
Dark Elite, I have no idea what you were trying to say to me. The CPS 2000 does not have a long shot time, thus I have no idea if it is worth burst shotting or not, I would think it is worth it yes, since I do burst shot on my 20x shots.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:49 pm

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09+Sep 18 2004, 04:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jadefalcon09 @ Sep 18 2004, 04:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Duxburian@Sep 18 2004, 11:04 AM

Woops, hehe forgot to mention that it did that when I did not clear the firing chamber first (dry or wet shot upwards for CPS). Other than that when the chamber is clear, range should not be affected.
Dark Elite, I have no idea what you were trying to say to me. The CPS 2000 does not have a long shot time, thus I have no idea if it is worth burst shotting or not, I would think it is worth it yes, since I do burst shot on my 20x shots. [/b][/quote]
I think Dark Elite was simply guessing as to what you meant when you said "CPS 200" (sic). ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:09 pm

I try to shoot burst shots, but if I've got a good shot, I'll hold down the trigger. I try to get my team to shoot the same way I do, but they usually shoot streams instead of bursts.

Adrian

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:19 pm

Yeah, I was referring to your typo Jade... CPS 200? Miss a number out there?

That's basically what I do, Adrian.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:15 pm

Man how old are you guys? 9?

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:45 am

WTF mate? Worthless alert!

Soakers are so close range, at least when I play in the winter (no one likes to get hit with a CPS when its this cold) so most shots are just like..trying to get a little spray on a guy. When I have a chance to actually deal a hit, I fire for a good 2 seconds just to make sure they know they are hit...
Never waste water by using an entire PC even after the enemy has gone for cover. Use it wisely. But remember, these are still soakers, get em wet when you can!
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------