Pretty good
25%
Great
No votes

Total votes: 4

martianshark

Bottle Blitz

Post by martianshark » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:17 am

I just found two Bottle Blitzes at Goodwill. Why they were there, I don't know. Anyway, I bought them and tested them out. These are actually pretty good water guns. The stream is thick and it shoots almost all the way accross my backyard. It's very simular to the bottle shot, but I do think it's improved. The pump also slides more smoothly.

Shot pics possibly coming soon.

C-A_99

Re: Bottle Blitz

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:13 am

Well designed pumps as they may have, they're still piston powered and they still look like dollar store guns. I guess the real comparison lies with how well it performs compared to other piston pumpers, though all of them rely on user strength anyway. (some are just more efficient than others)

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:21 am

They seemed pretty small when I saw them in target. do they perform well compared to similar sized guns?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:52 am

Absolutely. I can't think of a water gun simularly sized that performs as good.

ncog

Post by ncog » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:52 am

I was actually quite impressed by the Bottle Shot, I'd rate it better than the Quick Blast at least. I used it to spray some bogans crowding round a car doing burnouts during New Years this year and it performed the task wonderfully. The bogan's got wet, but were too drunk to know where the water was coming from since it wasn't too powerful. If I'd used something with a higher output, there may have been trouble....I'm planning on keeping my Bottle Shot in my car for impromptu use, it's a good throw-around soaker.

May even be tempted to get a Bottle Blitz if it's better....I assume you have a Bottle Shot as well martianshark so you can properly compare the two?

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Martian, the Max-D 2000 and BBT pistols are about the size of the Bottle Shot and I'd imagine that they perform better. (Though I'm not sure since I haven't fired a Bottle Shot but I still doubt that a piston pumper can be that efficient to be able to rival a small PR air pressure system. Example being that I have a cheap piston powered "dollar store gun" [actually was $4] that's over a foot long and it's outclassed by the tiny XP215.)

Bottle Blitz appears nothing less than identical to the Bottle Shot. Any differences are likely due to imperfect manufacturing.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:55 pm

I do have a Bottle Shot - or at least I used to, and I'm pretty sure Th Bottle Blitz is slightly better. Also, unlike the Bottle Shot, the Bottle Blitz can have any bottle attatched - not just soda bottles and water bottles with the soda bottle kind of threading.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:57 am

C-A_99 wrote:(Though I'm not sure since I haven't fired a Bottle Shot but I still doubt that a piston pumper can be that efficient to be able to rival a small PR air pressure system. Example being that I have a cheap piston powered "dollar store gun" [actually was $4] that's over a foot long and it's outclassed by the tiny XP215.)
I have a Lanard 'The Blaster' which is an excellent piston-pumper. The stream seems like about 5x; it lacks the force of a CPS, but would certainly outsoak and outrange an XP215.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:50 pm

I wasn't trying to compare the 215 with larger piston pumpers, I was comparing it to piston pumpers that are nearly the same size.

One of my friends has an X-Stream Blastmaster 660 (by Lanard as well if I remember correctly), and the blaster of similar size, of comparison, would be the Max-D 6000 which I'd well take over the 660 any day.

Maybe I simply lack the skill to use a piston blaster and am just being whiney about it, but pressurization is the tried and true method. That said, piston blasters are still useful for soakfests where you must unbalance the weapons severely to prevent attacking groups/teams from just blindly charging.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Alright, fair enough. You are right that for the same size a good pressurised blaster will win (virtually) every time.

In my experience piston pumpers perform quite well on the testing range, but rather less well in battle, where the inability to get both power and accuracy really hurts them.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:05 am

The Double Bottle Blaster is kind of accurate, and the pump pushes out a decent amount of water. I still wouldn't trust my main weapon to be a piston, but they make great secondaries.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:45 am

I actually think of pistons as good last-resorts/back-ups. Unless you're in a small-scale war using okay weaponry, then maybe, but in a war with CPSes and heavy-duty stuff, a piston is basically a failure and a kill for the other team. That's part of my problem with the Shot Blast. It's piston, and a huge gun that won't fit in my pocket or in my backpack (unless it's sticking out).

I don't suggest pistons for use in warfare that much.

EDIT: 400th post! YAY!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!