(fixed)FF(flash flood)

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
arcticblastman

(fixed)FF(flash flood)

Post by arcticblastman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 am

I recently fixed a FF for a neighbor, who said i could keep it. I used epoxy putty to patch a leak in the tank(not the pc) , and removed the riot blast screen because it was clogged with something sticky and green. I used it in minor fights, and then the person that i fixed it for came and asked for it. Of course, i had to give it to him. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: The removed screen seemed to make it more powerful than my brother's stock FF

C-A_99

Re: (fixed)FF(flash flood)

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:19 am

Ah, don't get sore over it too much. If the triggers are still intact, they're going to wear out after a year, and he'll have to ask you to fix them. (then keep it next time or something)

Removing the screen does indeed increase the range and power of the flood blast. Unless you want to put a new smaller nozzle over the flood blast, keep the screen.

Both my FF's are down. I need to come up with an effective, long term solution for the max-d triggers by next season but I won't be surprised if I continue to have annoying difficulties with those triggers.

arcticblastman

Post by arcticblastman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:28 am

i has an arctic shock, and it died when its spring rusted. Since this happened, i replaced the springs with better(stainless steel)ones, and reinforced the mounting points, another place where my arctic shock broke.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Interesting. Don't sweat over the soaker.

Good repair. I also like the idea for the triggers, yet none of my Max-D valves have had any problems. It's just a good idea to have in the mind. :~P
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:01 pm

I guess spring replacement is the only way to go. I've been attempting other repairs in vain; rubber bands keep breaking, etc.