Some Questions About The APH...

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:56 pm

for some reason, it seems deceptively simple. I know it is simple but I feel like
a few pages have been torn from the book... how does it get pressure? where is the pump? how do you fill it? WHAT IS NEGATIVE PRESSURE?!

also, how much would everything cost without the cost of tools? what tools are needed?

this is how I understood it.
1. put pvc pipes together by glue and primer
2. use

Edit: I now know what negative pressure is so stop acting like I am a newbie

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:58 pm

I had the same exact questions and asked Doom. if you have AIM I think his handle is nexusmonkey. When you move the pump in and out it creates suction (no pun intended). pressure is created through manual labor- pumping. Filling is done through an external reservoir, namely a backpack mod.

rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:59 pm

I meant how does water travel from backpack all...the...way...past...gravity...to the dang gun!!!!!!?

what the nozzle? I didn't say dang...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:09 am

What I would honestly like to know is if you just found out about the exclamation point and question mark.... please use at most one punctuation mark and at worst both to show excitement and confusion. (You don't see me going like this&#33 ;)

Negative pressure is suction. From my bagged backpack mods, the water doesn't need to follow gravity before it is sucked from backpack. There's literally tons of things that work like this.

If you are willing to wait I have (somewhat) been working on a step-by-step guide to building the APH. Apparently a lot of people need more help than I am willing to give at the forums.

rinkydinkysplat

Post by rinkydinkysplat » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:21 am

Originally posted by Doom@Apr 12 2005, 05:09 AM
What I would honestly like to know is if you just found out about the exclamation point and question mark.... please use at most one punctuation mark and at worst both to show excitement and confusion. (You don't see me going like this&#33 ;)

Negative pressure is suction. From my bagged backpack mods, the water doesn't need to follow gravity before it is sucked from backpack. There's literally tons of things THAT work like this.

If you are willing to wait I have (somewhat) been working on a step-by-step guide to building the APH. Apparently a lot of people need more help than I am willing to give at the forums.
[snapback]23831[/snapback]

ok but I have a question: can pvc piping be bought at the home depot?
and what are these "tools" you won't mention? I thought it was a screw n' glue job!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:49 am

If you have no knowledge of PVC then I don't suggest you use it. In order for the PVC to glue with other pieces, you need primer and PVC glue. Yes, you can get PVC at Home Depot, but I would suggest Lowes.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:26 am

I don't think you understand how the flow of water works in a water gun. If you don't understand that, you aren't ready to build a water gun. Negitave pressure is like a vaccum, it's is pulling instead of pushing. You fill it using a backpack system with a garbage bag, tubes, and barbs. The water flows in the soaker in the directions of the check valves. Honstly, I don't think you are nearly ready to attempt building a water gun.

Edit:
ok but I have a question: can pvc piping be bought at the home depot?
and what are these "tools" you won't mention? I thought it was a screw n' glue job!
If you think this will be a screw n' glue job, and don't know where to buy pvc, than you are *ahem* screwed for the time being. Glue isn't even involved, you have to use cement. Serously, you are going to get hurt, emotionally or phyisicaly, if you are to attempt to make this. Building a home made water gun is not for a newbie. I mean, would you construct a house if you didn't know what a support beam was?

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:21 pm

First time I made it I had major setbacks. But yeah, until you fully understand water guns and how they work, don't try it. You can't just follow instructions and expect it to be perfect. When you experiance problems, even minor ones, you really need to understand soakers fully so you can quickly fix them.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:26 pm

When you understand how it works, then you can customize the model you are working from. Making adjustments here and there can result in a homemade better suited for your individual needs. A very important thing to remember is that you don't have to build an existing design exactly! A design invites changes if you need them. That's what's great about homemades. You can build it the way you want and have direct control of how it will preform.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!