Water baloon foot arrow launcher thing

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
soakup

Post by soakup » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:07 pm

I just got this idea from the movie hero of an bow and arrow thing that you swing the bow over your feet except you replace the arrow with a water balloon so I decided to make this. I made it by taking a piece of wood and steam bending it(the old fashion style). Then I drilled two holes on each side o the wood and slipped the hooks of a relatively long bungee cord in them. After which I attached a piece of fabric to the middle of the bungee.

In order to use you sit down lift up your legs and put the wood over them and pull back the bungee cord and place your water balloon on the fabric and use like a slingshot.

It worked quite well for a elastic style water balloon launcher and it shot about 35 feet I don't know but I will get photos and stats in about a week or so.
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:47 pm

Still, absolutely zero commas, even after repeated warnings! Do you expect people to read your posts? They're incredibly hard to read without commas!

Other than that, it sounds like a simple WBL. Loads of people have made or bought similar ones. 35 feet doesn't sound too hot for a WBL either... try pulling the chord back more, using more bungees or even adjusting your angle of fire. ;)

Leprechaun71588

Post by Leprechaun71588 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:44 am

Yeah, a 35 foot range on a WBL is terrible. It's still better than the one I'm currently working on (which is basically the same idea, just built differently). Until you get the range up past 90-100 feet, it's just easier to manually throw the water balloons.
AIM: Leprechaun71588
Yahoo: Leprechaun71588

soakup

Post by soakup » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:02 pm

I must admit to this doom you are right about pulling it back, I had a friend who was a foot taller than me so he could pull it back further and he got an estimate of 70 ft., and another factor is That was the first bow or slingshot thing I ever used and yes I am short and no more than 3ft. 9" and with a different bungee I got an extra 10 ft. or so.

HA COMMAS DOOM ,"YIEAHH", as said by lil' Jon and the eastside boys Don't you listen to rap :)
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup