Homemade water gun noob needs help

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
djohnson293

Homemade water gun noob needs help

Post by djohnson293 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm new to homemade water guns. I want to make my own version of the Waterzooka with an added water tank so that I can get more than a single shot out of it. Can you guys give me any tips or point me in the right direction to plans for anything similar?

Thanks,
djohnson293

aEx155

Re: Homemade water gun noob needs help

Post by aEx155 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:10 pm

I'm not sure how a Splashzooka works, as I never owned one; I do know that it is CPS and does use LRT for that matter, so that is something you can start with. If you want multiple shots, then you probably should just make something like the SuperCPS. A nother forum member (used man) created his own "cph splash zooka" which you can see here.

P.S. Welcome!

djohnson293

Post by djohnson293 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm referring to the Waterzooka that is in Ben's external links on the homemade page. It is a piston powered gun (works like a syringe). I'm hoping to build one with an onboard water resevoir so that I don't have to be right near a water source in order to use it effectively.

aEx155

Post by aEx155 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:22 pm

OOPS!!!

I read that wrong...the Splashzooka has nothing to do with the Waterzooka...

I think I remember that someone else tried to do that here if you scroll down, you can see that cbgroves went with the Waterzooka, and he and Ben started discussing things with design and check valves and such. You should be able to find a lot of information there.

Rather than attaching the inlet tube to the side of the boat, I guess you could use an on board reservoir.

djohnson293

Post by djohnson293 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:32 pm

Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm thinking about just using a backpack and I can follow the instructions that Ben gave. The only difference between my gun and cbgroves is that I'll have the backpack attached instead of the lake.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:00 am

Looks like aEx has you set, so I'll just get a word in edgewise...

Good luck with the build! There are some other *similar* guides, such as the Super Soaker Workshop one, but that thread seems to be the only one with instructions for having a tube to a water source. The disadvantage is that with your design, the check valve may restrict flow, but you probably won't want a very large nozzle anyway. :cool: