Water ballons not poping.

General water gun discussion.
Daniel

Water ballons not poping.

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Ok, so when we a water fight it generally happens at a friends house in the big forest behind his house. This is a great place for water gun fights but this friend also has a little brother who is about 10 or 11 which because of my friends mum we always have to take him along. In our water fights we nearly always use water ballons but often when chucked at my friends little brother they usually never dam pop, this is extremely anoing because he'll start crying tell my friends dad who is a nutcase and he'll tell us to go home. in general it is anoing when a ballon dos't go of because it will usually get thrown back at you but in this circumstance a balloon not popping will end the battle completely, any advice on how to stop this from happening but not just don't chuck them at his little brother because it is already a rule but some people (ispecially the boys brother) find this rule hard to keep.

Silence

Re: Water ballons not poping.

Post by Silence » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Just wondering, why does he start crying?

In answer to your question, fill the balloons with more water to stretch and thin the rubber skin.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:32 pm

I think he's saying that they can't chuck water balloons at the kid since he's probably too young to be playing. (if getting chucked with a water balloon makes the kid cry, that is)

Dan, you might have to find different ways to keep him occupied from playing (i.e. have him stay home and play video games?), or creative ways to keep the games running without having to deal with the issue. For example, try switching to water blasters. Filling the balloons more will, as said, make them more easy to pop.

And if you're not playing on their property, they can't simply tell you to get out unless they have a valid noise complaint.

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 pm

I've also had a similar problem, and I agree with Silence: Fill the water balloons more and they should pop more often. Another thing that might help is throwing them harder. As for the young kid, it might be a better idea to not have him play if he cries after being hit with a water balloon.
Current Arsenal: Liquidator, MI Flash Flood x2, APH x2, CPS 1200

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:28 pm

Oh, I thought he was crying because the balloons weren't popping, not because they were being thrown at him. :rolleyes:

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 am

My friends little brother is the softest 11 I’ve ever met, the kind that stubs his toe on a door in the morning and is still sniffling away at night, but he is also the most persistent one, he won't leave us alone and if we tell him to go back home he gets his dad who as I’ve said before is a Lune. I know that he's just sticking up for his wee boy who is getting builed at school but he takes a rage if he gets hurt. The kid doesn't mind if they pop but if they don't he likes to describe it as getting hit by a bike? Hopefully more will actually burst now, I think before I wasn't filling them up enough. Thanks for the advice. Oh and we do mainly use water guns during water fights just we take along water balloons as well in case I was confusing anyone.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:55 pm

I know paintballs are supposed to hurt more when they don't explode. Breaking the shell absorbs some of the kinetic energy.

Personally I'd tell your friend's dad what the problem is, but I understand that's much easier said than done. Short of that, do whatever you can to outrun, evade, or ignore your friend's brother.

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Its a shame because its such a good place to have water fights, but there is some hope my friend just got an x-box so hoppfully that might keep him at home ;)
Last edited by Daniel on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:08 am

Hey Daniel, try tying the knots lower down on the necks, as close to the body of the balloon as possible. Also make the knots as small as possible by filling more. Oh, and it should help if you get good wrist-snap in the delivery.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!