mobile base

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
tampabayblaster

mobile base

Post by tampabayblaster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 pm

im wondering about the efficiency of a mobile base. im talking about a all-terrain armored hunting vehicle with caterpillar treads. would it work

martianshark

Re: mobile base

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm

If it's possible to get such a thing, it would be awesome.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:15 am

Previously, some others have built or created concepts for building tanks. However, you'll have to rely on heavy homemade weapons and an enemy who'll actually attack you for any tank to work. However, a powered tank with a chassis has not been built.

Most agree that a mobile fortress of any kind would not be too practical. It would move slowly and depend on an enemy that will actually attack you. You will need to create some heavy homemades or other water weaponry to mount onto such a tank in order to be effective.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:17 pm

It could also have guns hooked up to air compressers, so that they never run out of pressure. We had one member who made an assault vehicle, but it was just a go-kart with two CPS 2000 strapped to the top of the side roll bars. I think that this could actually work, provided you have a big enough war.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 pm

The ideal method is to use a vehicle's engine to drive pumps that power the blasters. However, it's fairly difficult to do so an alternative I had in mind was to use a pair of foot pumps for the gunner. The gunner alternates on the pumps and this should be an easy way to build up pressure for WBL's. For blasters, a custom water pump will have to be made. (PR will not work well for this situation)

Of course, it's easier to just strap stock blasters onto the kart's sides as you did, and as has been done before. A water reservoir can be put onto the kart's back, and any water blasters can have their reservoirs removed and instead, have a tube that feeds from the water reservoir. However, this is better for homemades since getting tubes to attach to blasters requires some work. (easiest way I can think of having a non-permenant solution right now is with O-rings put in the reservoir feed pipe with the water tube going in)

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Gallery/ ... 0614b.html

tampabayblaster

Post by tampabayblaster » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:29 pm

the vehicle exists and it's not a tank it has wheels in the front and treads in the rear, a closed cockpit, and a troop bed, you can buy it at gander mountain hunting stores, sometimes. but i would have to see if they have it still

tampabayblaster

Post by tampabayblaster » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:31 pm

but you probily could mount a water cannon(mabey even the supercannon II) that would be awesome

tampabayblaster

Post by tampabayblaster » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:33 pm

its basicly a small pick up sized flat bed with treads instead of wheels in the back

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:51 am

The problem with all this is that unless the majority of the "warzone" is accessible by roads, these contraptions limit the mobility of the crew. I could see this working as a transportation method in a really large scale war, but otherwise a team of people has much more mobility in most areas.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:11 am

Tampabay, welcome to Super Soaker Central. In the future, please avoid posting more than once in a row (use the edit button) and use proper capitalization, spelling, and punctuation to keep posts easy to read. Thanks. (Unfortunately, the website is having problems right now, but the forum rules are posted here.)

Soakernerd, I think most contraptions people come up with will be all terrain capable solutions. That's really the only way they could be even remotely practical.

ncog

Post by ncog » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 am

If you wanted style over substance, you could always go for something like this:

That was made for a stunt done by the Dunedin branch of KAOS (a university assasins club I'm in) in 2004...They basically constructed a giant tank and then took it around campus shooting cookies at people (I think it was cookies, either that or similar harmless edible items...)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:22 pm

That thing looks like it'd collapse under the slightest water balloon bombardment. I guess it would work ok for water blasters only, but water can still get shot through the roof.

ncog

Post by ncog » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 am

Of course, it wasn't made for that purpose. I just posted it because it was semi-relevant to the topic, I'm sure with some tweaking something like that repel almost any form of water coming at it (though obviously it's still very impractical)

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Let me just put it this way: mobile bases are not practical. You want to have a stationary base so that in case of a retreat or respawn or whatever, you can get back to you're actual base. If the base is moving around, you might have problems in not findin' the base.

Now on another note, moving bases in games like CTF (Capture the Flag) are actually good and/or convinent, because the other team can't find you're base.

Now about the "cookie" base, what was that made of?
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Fabric, wood, and rollerskate wheels. :D But if you seriously wanted it to be water proof, you should have just made 50 roman shields and glued them into a turtle formation.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.