Why is the Max Infusion Flash Flood gotten so expensive?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
lazerhawk08

Why is the Max Infusion Flash Flood gotten so expensive?

Post by lazerhawk08 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:41 pm

Does anyone know why the Flash Flood has gotten so expensive?
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

SSCBen

Re: Why is the Max Infusion Flash Flood gotten so expensive?

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:36 pm

I can't think of any particular reason why it is so expensive lately. They might be discontinuing it to make way for the similar Arctic Blast and they want the Arctic Blast to be more popular. That's the only reason I could imagine.

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:44 pm

But the flash flood has a larger riot blast than the arctic shock. I tested it. My friend cody has the arctic blast and i have the Flash Flood. We took a huge cardboard box and took the large cardboard and shot them from 10 feet away. FF had it larger.
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:47 pm

As evidenced by any of the last few years' gun, Hasbro doesn't care about performance. They just don't. Neither the Flash Flood or Arctic Blast are that good anyway, so I don't really care which one they sell over the other. The riot-blast feature on both has good spread--and as you have said the Flash Flood spreads more--but it really doesn't have much output, so you're not going to get that person as wet as possible.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Generally, with recent/modern Super Soakers, older is better. Not always true, but usually the case.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:02 am

lazerhawk08 wrote:But the flash flood has a larger riot blast than the arctic shock. I tested it. My friend cody has the arctic blast and i have the Flash Flood. We took a huge cardboard box and took the large cardboard and shot them from 10 feet away. FF had it larger.
The Flash Flood does have a slightly larger pressure chamber, but according to iSoaker.com the Arctic Blast has more output on the flood nozzle than the Flash Flood. I'd attribute the difference in output to variances between individual water guns and timing error more than anything else.

Since you're talking about spread that might be different between the two water guns, but I'm sure you could change that by messing with the mesh in the nozzles (not that I would recommend that).

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Regardless of which is better than the other, I still fail to see the value of a 10x riot blast. It may look good, but quite frankly I'd rather have a 10x stream. In all likelihood, the Flash Flood is so expensive because they are phasing it out now and don't want people to buy it. But it could also be that parts are getting more expensive for it.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.