New to the game

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
young_one

New to the game

Post by young_one » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:54 pm

Hey everyone. Well I was googleing various things and somehow ventured into this wonderful forum. After reading some things you have really peaked my interest. I'd love to get some of my friedns around town into the game. Ok since I'm new and all I wanted to ask everyone a question. Sorry if this is against the rules though. Alright so I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to a gun so are there any suggestions on a gun say $10-$20? I'm a newb and want to be the first kid in my small town to really get into the game and be a player. Please help and again I'm sorry for any rule breaking I might be doing.

Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:39 pm

Hi, young_one!

For a nice, inexpensive gun, try and get the Vaporizer, if you can find it. It only costs $5.00, a whole $5.00 below your spending limit. Another suggestion would be the Flash Flood or the Arctic Shock. Personally, I think they are mediocre guns, but it's all up to your preferences. ;)

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

young_one

Post by young_one » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:41 pm

Thanks, are these guns good? I really don't know anything about water guns. Thanks for the help and I'll start looking around right away.

Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:50 pm

The Vaporizer is a very good gun for its price. The Arctic Shock and the Flash Flood are rather mediocre, mainly because the Flash Flood's "Flood Mode" can be easily dodged, and the Arctic Shock does nothing but spray extremely cold water. The Triple Shot has a nozzle selector, but it is not a very good gun due to its low capacity. The Aquapack Devastator is a very good gun, with its CPS technology and its backpack-mounted reservoir. Unfortunately, it's $30.00, $10.00 above your maximum spending limit. My suggestion would be to get the Vaporizer, and also get the Aquapack Devastator if you have enough money.

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

DX

Post by DX » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:54 pm

I would aim for a Flash Flood before a Vaporizer. While the Vaporizer is a good gun for the price, it sucks in actual combat. At least one has a chance with the Flash Flood, or even an Arctic Shock. These guns are decent for starters, but you should set your sights on better guns [read SSCentral or iSoaker's reviews] once you get used to water wars.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:03 am

While most of those are good gun's, if I were you I would look for a water warriors Blazer or Lightning because they are relativley cheap (in price) and very powerful. :cool:

Edit: It's good to see another member from Virginia, and don't forget we have that big governor election tommorow, even though we can't vote it's still importiant.
Last edited by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

young_one

Post by young_one » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:06 am

Yeah I get a whole school day off for it beacues they have to use our gym to vote. Which means I'm getting a 4 and a half day weekend because Friday was a half day, we get Saturday and Sunday off, and today I have been extremely sick like I have the other days of the weekend. Good news though, I'm feeling better and can't wait for the off day tommorow.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:14 am

Get the FF for a starter gun, it's what I had, and it's great while it lasts, you should see mine now though, it's modded to have higher PC capactity than my CPS 2100 and a 4x nozzle...collosus and reservoir expansion soon!
Good:
-CPS
-very expandable
-compact and fun

Bad:
-low output (can be fixed)
-trigger valve breaks rather fast (also an easy fix)

young_one

Post by young_one » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:40 am

Remember I'm new to the whole water gun fight thing. FF? What's that and where can I get it from? Oh and also how much will it cost?

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:53 am

FF stands for Flash Flood, a 2005 gun made by Hasbro and available in stores like Toys' R Us. The retail price I think is $20 although it may be higher or lower depending on where you live.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

young_one

Post by young_one » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:57 am

Thanks. Since I'm off tommorow and have $40 burning a hole in my pocket I'm going to see what I can find at the local Toy' R Us.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:23 am

Welcome to SSCentral.

While these suggestions are all good, you don't know what you might find at your local Toys R Us - maybe some good out-of-production guns. Let us know what you find!

Enjoy your stay here.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

soaker boy 99999

Post by soaker boy 99999 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:19 pm

Welcome it's nice to see new members. If you can, get a CPS gun I have 12 CPS guns and they beat my friends air presure guns hands down. If you can't I would get a Max-d 5000 duelpack $15 canadian or the Arctic Shock.
What! me wet! I don't think so how about you insted!

young_one

Post by young_one » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:23 pm

SO i went to Toy's R Us and to my disbelief, they had absolutely no guns. They had plenty of Nerf guns but no water guns. Oh well maybe I'll just make my own. I've been reading up on what I need and drwaing up some designs.

soaker boy 99999

Post by soaker boy 99999 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:32 pm

young_one wrote:SO i went to Toy's R Us and to my disbelief, they had absolutely no guns. They had plenty of Nerf guns but no water guns. Oh well maybe I'll just make my own. I've been reading up on what I need and drwaing up some designs.

NO GUNS!!

What are they thinking? With it being so close to Christmas (only two months) you would think the shelves would have some water guns.
What! me wet! I don't think so how about you insted!