Super Soaker Soakertag Elite Flash Flood Cap

Threads about water gun modifications.
Drummermoose

Super Soaker Soakertag Elite Flash Flood Cap

Post by Drummermoose » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi!

I'm pretty new to the world of supersoakers. I've been invited to go to a water fight on Sunday with about 35 people, so I had to equip myself.

I live in the UK and looks like good supersoakers are hard to get hold of. I bought one off ebay, Super Soaker Soakertag Elite Flash Flood.

One of my friends told me he's got a backpack to increase capacity, so I figured it'll be a good buy.

Only after I have purchased the max infusion backpack that I found out that the tube from the backback does not connect to the cap on my supersoaker. It then dawned on me that my soaker wasnt a max infusion edition....doh!!!

Is there any way to modify the cap I have or to purchase a new cap so that I can have the backpack attached by sunday? :o S

Thank you for any help you can give!!!

SSCBen

Re: Super Soaker Soakertag Elite Flash Flood Cap

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Welcome to SSC!

People have used rubber plugs before. Try cutting the tube on the backpack right before the attachment and stick it in a drilled hole in a rubber plug as described in this guide.

You also could drill a hole in the plastic reservoir itself but that's a little messy. Rubber plugs are your best bet.
Last edited by SSCBen on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:49 pm

Purchasing a new cap won't work - the Max Infusion cap is a left hand thread.

Bear in mind that there have been problems with the Flash Flood and the backpack. The reservoir can end up collapsing in on itself, thus getting broken.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

CROC

Post by CROC » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:14 am

The thing with the collapsing reservoir is just from over tightening it. The vaccum seal that can be created with the pack is enough to crush the reservoir. Therefore, as Ben was recommending, a rubber cap. Or drilling a hole in the reservoir cap, and threading the tube through it.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back