Departing

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Aqua_Flash

Departing

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:36 pm

After much thought, my lack of interest in this hobby now for a number of reasons has now made me decide to give it up. So, I am officially announcing that this is it for me in soaking, 2001-08 (or 2005-08 when it comes to being soaking online). There will be no coming back this time, although I'm still working out what I should do with all the content I have.

It is a shame for me how soaking in my part never really took off, there were some good moments to be remembered in my soaking past when battling, however I'm in the position where it feels the right time to quit sadly. Nothing is really going to improve for me in my position after well, years of trying. My interest generally now is not really that big now, even when it comes to fighting in the Summer, so basically I'm moving on from one good thing to another, in which soaking gets replaced by a more flexible and more enjoyable hobby that I myself will find better.

This inevitably means I'll be selling my soaker armoury, however do not ask will you sell this and such, as I already am in negiotations with somebody who has purchased from me before in the UK who is a big fan (they are not a member on these forums I don't think) for all of my collection for a good sum of money. Unless that doesn't go through then I'll consider otherwise.

At least this year in my final year of soaking basically I have had some great battles to finish it off with a good number of them.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say here, there have been good and bad moments, now I must go.

Bye.

SSCBen

Re: Departing

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:32 pm

That's a shame, but you can't really do much else if you've lost interest. Best of luck in everything you do. ;)

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm sorry to hear it, but it's inevitable. And the sad truth is that unless a site has an (active) community, be it centered around a forum, blog, etc., it won't really get lasting attention. And there does come a point when you can no longer put in the effort to get it to that point. It's a shame.

Like Ben, I wish you luck in your future pursuits. Cheers. :cool:

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Sorry to hear this. Your site had a lot of quality work on it. Best of luck in the future.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.