Broken Lightning.

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:25 am

My Lightning is a great water gun. At my summer camp, the only gun that could beat it in a battle was my councler's CPS 2000 Mk2. Now when you fill it up, pump it, and pull the trigger, everything happens normaly. But the SECOND time while you are pumping, water comes out of the nozzle without holding down the trigger. This probelm can be fixed for a short amount of time by holding down the trigger for a short one second burst every time after pumping it all the way. While it still works okay, it emptys the resavuar twice as fast, and is VERRY annoying in the middist of battle. :angry:
Edit-description

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:48 pm

Open it up. You may be able to find the problem by inspecting the internals. Check the trigger valve and the pump. My 21k a while ago acted strangely beacuse of a problem with a valve. Also check the site's Repairs section. There might be something helpful there.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:04 pm

Open it up. You may be able to find the problem by inspecting the internals.
Already did. I couldn't find anything wrong. :huh:

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:43 pm

well, if everything else fails, you could cut off the trigger valve, attach a ball valve (with, of course, plastic welder) and then put on a cap with a hole drilled in it. then you could use the ball valve as your trigger. of course this would mean that you couldnt use the 3 selectable nozzles, though, just one of your own.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:10 am

Actually blaze he could use the selectable nozzles your way, he'd just have to reattach the nozzle. And homemade nozzle selectors are just as useful as normal ones, only slower. Homemade ones also perform better due to the less turbulance.

That actually is a common problem. I'll edit in a pic showing how to fix it (on a CPS 1700) later.

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:01 pm

Okay, I just found out that if you pull the trigger fowards after you shoot it, it makes a loud "click". I think that is the ball valve fully closeing. I could keep doing this every time I shoot, but that would be very annoying in a war. :angry:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:09 am

Hmm, I just remembered that the WW series appears to have Max-D tech (from what I've seen internally, I don't have one). The clicking is from the mechanism that opens and closes the valve.

In that case, you're best option would be to replace the valve with a store bought ball valve. How you do that is up to you, I can't tell you how to do something when I don't really have it in front of me now. Be creative. ^_^

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:22 pm

I bought a 1/2" ball valve at Lowes the other day to replace a MD 4000's valve that has the same exact problem. This seems to be a common problem.
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:27 pm

I did it on my 1200. I cut off the trigger valve, then hose clamped tubing to the end followed by a hose clamped barb. This is so it can safely go from whatever size SS uses, to 1/2". This won't work if you have limited space. I had to sand drill extra room. Have the barb have a male end, and attach that to 1/2" PVC female threaded to slip fitting. Then of course use primar and PVC glue (not plastic welder blaze) to attach the ball valve, followed by a 1/2" slip fitting to male threaded, so you can screw on caps drilled to different sizes.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------