WW Argon won't pre-charge

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Kimura

WW Argon won't pre-charge

Post by Kimura » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:17 pm

So I was testing my armory today and discovered that the WW Wagon won't seem to pre-pressurize. I pressed the button, but despite pump it many times it never popped back out. It did build some pressure, as when I pressed the pressure release button air was released, just not that much.

Any thoughts?

ncog

Re: WW Argon won't pre-charge

Post by ncog » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 pm

I had this exact problem with the first Argon I ever bought....After many failed attempts to get the button to come out I finally gave up and took it back to the store to get a replacement.

There should be a way to fix it but you'd probably have to open it up and since I'd only just bought the gun it was much easier for me to just take it back. I assume you aren't able to return it like me so the best thing to do would be to open it up and have a play around, you can't lose really since it's not working anyway.

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:24 am

For those who have a working one, when you pump it to pre-charge, or at all, does it sound like a normal soaker as you push the pump in? I ask because it seems totally silent. I wonder if the pump O-ring has shrunk or something and doesn't seal anymore.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Your pump might be out of line, or the o-ring might have slipped off, shrunk, or broken. I would take the gun apart to diagnose the problem.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

ncog

Post by ncog » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Kimura wrote:For those who have a working one, when you pump it to pre-charge, or at all, does it sound like a normal soaker as you push the pump in? I ask because it seems totally silent. I wonder if the pump O-ring has shrunk or something and doesn't seal anymore.
My current working one makes the usual quiet squeak when I pump it. The first one that I got (the faulty one) weirdly didn't make any noise at all when I pumped it which sounds exactly like yours....It's most likely an issue with the pump or tubing leading to the pressure chamber as the air must not be getting where it should be. Has your Argon always been faulty or has it just stopped working recently?

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Just stopped working recently I guess. The last time I used and stored it was at least a year ago if not longer. Went to test it the other day, along with my other guns, and it no longer works.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:18 pm

The kid next door to me has one of these, and until recently the button was stuck in.
Now it's popped out, but doesn't stay in when you press it.
I'm a dude