Community forum

Discussion of other water gun websites.
SSCBen

Community forum

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Is there any interest in a "community" forum? In this context I mean one major forum for the entire community. There is some discussion of this idea at iSoaker.net.

The basic theory is that the entire community is rather small and neither growing or shrinking. Therefore it would be best for the entire community to unite to have the most discussion and potentially the best experience.

The forum doesn't necessarily have to be any current one, though, choosing a current one would be one way to do it.

Let me reiterate that the idea is just being considered and if people hate it nothing will happen. ;)

isoaker_com

Re: Community forum

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 pm

In theory, having a wholly combined water warfare community would be great! However, I'm not sure whether it could be implemented smoothly and there's also the risk of putting all into one place, particularly when servers go wonky or site-admins go on extended leaves.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:19 am

I'm for the idea of a combined forum. We need one large forum instead of two medium sized forums. The activity is currently spread out over two forums, where it would bring more benefit to a single larger forum.

:D count me in.

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Well...I'm not sure it would have any advantage. If isoaker.net and forums.sscentral.org were to be replaced by it I reckon there would be those against it (I for one wouldn't be entirely happy with the idea). If the existing forums were to stay we'd end up with three forums instead of 2.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:54 pm

cantab wrote:Well...I'm not sure it would have any advantage. If isoaker.net and forums.sscentral.org were to be replaced by it I reckon there would be those against it (I for one wouldn't be entirely happy with the idea). If the existing forums were to stay we'd end up with three forums instead of 2.
But why wouldn't you be happy? Is it a matter of being comfortable with the present set-up or fear of starting something new? I, too, am not really sure how we could build a combined community without upsetting some, but am curious on why others feel we should or shouldn't try.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::