Threads about water gun modifications.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:18 pm

Well, I've got 45 balloons in the chamber, another 15 to go to make it a full 27K. I haven't frozen the check valve yet, but I will. I actually don't think it needs it's check valve frozen, like XN's 12000, I think it's got a pretty high HPL, and I'm starting to think all 00-01 blasters do.
When I'm done, I'll add a couple articles about it, and some that are not, but still good. I've got an awesome Storm mod I need to write up, and some other stuff... :rolleyes:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:33 pm

I've decided to freeze the check valve, as after a few pumps it all goes back into the resiviour.
I have been expirimenting with a new mod that should increase the pump's seal a lot, actually make it perfect. However, I have not been able to make it permanent enough so that it won't break off the end of the pump! My dad said that plastic cement is what I want to use for this, so I'll have to at least try it. btw, epoxy is not an option, the surface is very smooth, and required to be smooth so it can move in the pump. Wish me luck. B)

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:21 am

my 2100's pump is REALLY hard, but im not sure yet if it's the pump itself or just the handle. in the case of the latter, I shalt grab my barlow knife and hack away.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:14 pm

I finished freezing the check valve last night. However, it didn't work, and I knew why, so I fixed it. Now I got to wait for it to dry.
To anyone who wants to freeze their check valve but is afraid they might break their soaker: I've made a new way to do it that doesn't need mad amounts of epoxy(in fact barely any), and also is near impossible to get epoxy in the internals! Wait for a guide, with many pictures! :D

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:32 pm

melikes this. when I think checkvalve freezing I usually think of me pouring mixed epoxy/hardening sol. from a cup into a plastic mold under my check valve. yikes!

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:00 pm

I finished it. It's a beast, and I'm going to put 30 more balloons on eventually. I love it. I'm naming my 27000 "Torential Rain" now, because thats what it is.
I did a flat range test and I was amazed. I used the semi-accurate(sometimes can be terribly inaccurate) 1 stride = 3 feet method and got over 50 feet. I expect once I finish K modding it, I'll get over 60 at a 45 degree angle, and thats on every shot!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:31 pm

here's some pics, I'll get a pic of a shot later.
The check valve. Notice barely any epoxy. Also notice the hot glue on the low pressure side. This is a way better way to freeze check valves than xn and dirtjumps! It's near impossible to get epoxy in the internals, I'll explain why in my check valve freezing article.
The internals. You can't see every mod I've done, but you can see many. Notice how I did not reinforce the internals! I'm smarter than that, mdly covering your internals in epoxy/jb weld will not increase the strenth of them much at all! I'll soon add articles about most of the mods I've done, once I get them written up.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:26 pm

Sorry. No pics of it firing yet. Here's my excuse.
Yesterday I was messing around to see what will happen if I pump it to full, which I think is 26 pumps. When I got to pump #25, it couldn't take it and exploded. Later I found out that was the trigger valve aka firing valve. The water shot out of the top and the bottom in an exciting and free show! <_< I fixed the hole in the trigger valve later that day, actually my dad did while I was watching TV, but either way it's fixed. B)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:50 pm

Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh! I just thought of a super-easy, and 100% great mod for most soakers with nozzle selectors! I can't believe no one has thought of this before. This mod shouldn't take much time, and I'll have to ask my dad where he keeps the epoxy, since I don't know where he put it after yesterday's repair. This mod should make any soaker with a nozzle selector easier to use, except for a few it wouldn't work on. :D

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:52 pm

well, I won't be doing mods anytime soon. my entire family caught some sorta virus.....

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:33 am

I hope your family gets better. :)
I finished that nozzle selector mod. I didn't use any epoxy, I thought of an easier way, one that also is better. Look forward to all these articles in about a week...

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:22 pm

I'll reiterate my idea from aim - put a nozzle selector switch right above the trigger so you can operate it with your thumb.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:52 pm

Doom has come a long way in soaker knowledge:

http://forums.sscentral.net/index.php?showtopic=110

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:19 pm

That wasn't necessary. ;)

Btw, I need to repair my 27000 again. The trigger valve is leaking slightly. <_<

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:17 am

Can this mod be done with other CPS?

P.S. sorry I haven't posted here often, but you seemed really annoyed about it on WWN.