Need Help Opening CPS 1200

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
DX

Post by DX » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:16 pm

Nibordude and I are making a check valve freeze and k-modding video now. We are using a CPS 1200, but we need to get it open. Nibordude has gotten the screws out, but the casing won't open because of the nozzle. How do you get the nozzle of the 1200 off?
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:01 pm

Like a lot of guns, the CPS 1200 has a nozzle surround bit which makes the thing a real ****** to open, You can't actually do much about it short of sawing it off. Like the XP 110, there is no way I have found to prise off the nozzle casing. If you need a fully open casing then I would suggest a different gun unless you don't mind sawing most of the front off. Not much help I know, but that is the way it is.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:25 pm

After a lot of sawing we were able to pry sections off until finally we could get the gun open. It's done, and the videos are being edited by Nibordude [hopefully right now].
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:03 am

Yeah, we got it open. I cut myself doing so. Man it hurt. We ended up ripping off the front of the nozzle. The vids should be up on SM in a couple days.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci