The future is close

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
SSCBen

The future is close

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:49 am

Well, for those who are privledged enough to know what my recent project has been, I just ordered the only part I shouldn't be able to get from Home Depot. Expect it to reach my house within the next week. I'll take pics of the rare part I ordered. It should only cost with shipping around $8, and I hope I got the right type.
I'm also planning on buying the rest of the parts on Wednesday after school. The most expensive parts should be the 2 check valves, costing around $10 each.
And for those wondering about this homemade... I have worked out with help from Dirtjump the problems with it, now the trigger valve can hold extremely high pressure and cost $5, as well as having a guided pump, and a lot of other great stuff you won't want to miss.
The future is near, savor the moment.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:40 pm

Today I bought some, not all of the parts. The CPS tubing is in the mail. I think I may have to buy some 3/4 in I'd tubing for the pump since the pump will be way too small with the 1/2 in I have now.
I should go to Lowes on Wednesday, and the CPS tubing should come in this week. I hope Lowes has the check valves I need, Home Depot didn't.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:19 pm

This deserves a new post. I can't believe no one has seen this site.
http://home.webryders.com/natenet/watergun.html
I'm about around where he is in the development of my one, but I don't think he is going to finish his.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:27 pm

aww, man. my aunt works at home depot.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:27 am

I've made a few changes to the design, now it will take a few less pumps, but be a bit longer. I also have redone several parts of the pump, and I'm in the process of redoing the trigger valve.
Btw, it's going to be about 2 feet 8 inches long.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:39 pm

the mp5 of soakerdom eh? melikes. I have another idea for you though - use pvc for the buttstock instead of the wood you were talking about on IM.

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:57 pm

Yeah, I'll probably have a ton of extra, I was planning on using it with one of my Nerf guns and a Nerf/Marbles/Batteries homemade gun, but I'll still have a ton extra, so that's probably what I'll do if I make a buttstock.
My next trip should be Wednesday, and I should buy everything else I need there, except for the CPS tubing, that's in the mail right now.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:09 pm

I remember seeing on a nerf site once a way to make a really good nerf gun out of an xp.... (cut off nozzle, use skinny pvc barrel and micro stefans)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:13 pm

Yeah, it was YakMan's site. A lot of people try that, they think it's really powerful, when it turns out you can get something more powerful at less pumps at your local hardware store: the homemade.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:19 pm

The tubing came in today! Total cost for 2 feet was $4.40, but shipping bumped that up to $8.15. This stuff is pretty strong, and instead of Collosusing, I'm thinking about putting some of the tubing inside of another. That should prove to be twice as strong, and since it's only one layer, it should be too hard to do.
Edit: Changed my mind. If Lowes doesn't have the check valves I need, I'll buy them off mcmaster.com and I'll also buy some 3/4" I'd elastic tubing there, so that it will fit perfectly around the 3/4" OD tubing I got now. I think people should Collosus like that, it should me much easier, however more expensive.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:13 pm

After doing some calculations and such, I've decided on buying the most expensive 3/4" ID tubing. I'm going to use that, and maybe a few layers of bike tube to Collosus it. I think that buying LRT(what I'm calling this now) to Collosus is a much better alternative to using bike tubes, since it's one big layer, it should save time, but also it may make your gun too powerful.

The tubing's thickness is going to be around half an inch, if it's too hard to pump I'll remove the bike tubes, if not, then I've got the most powerful CPS gun ever.

Btw, the word filter in the past changed ID to I'd, that was from when the sniper XPBackfire-esque was around, I fixed it, and some other ones I think may have been problems. That explains my posts above. <_<

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:28 am

that gun from http://home.webryders.com/natenet/watergun.html appers to only be missing a few parts....a few of the most important thoe -_- <_< ....
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:44 am

doom? are you sick? too powerful? that's not possible. :Hey, that's funny.:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:14 pm

Originally posted by neobird@Jan 26 2004, 08:44 PM
doom? are you sick? too powerful? that's not possible. :Hey, that's funny.:
Actually, I was sick when I posted that, but I seem to be better now. :Hey, that's funny.:
I ordered the check valves, a cheaper type than what I was planning, and they are better. I got the female screw on kind so that if I mess up and put them in backwards, I wouldn't have screwed myself (pun intended).
Yeah shadow, that gun is missing quite a few things. PC, is the most noticable thing it's missing, it also needs a resiviour.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:56 pm

I got the check valves and the other rubber tubing to Collosus it today... Later today I may go to Home Depot and get the rest of the parts... I'm so close I'm going to piss myself! ^_^
Interestingly, the check valves seem that I could have just made them myself. I think I'll try that in my next homemade. It's so simple, you'll just need a spring, some PVC a washer and a few other things. At least I got profesional quality ones for my super-homemade. :D
Edit: Ok, I'm going to Home Depot again on Saturday. The gun should be finished this weekend, so keep your eyes peeled!