New NS Region

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
DX

New NS Region

Post by DX » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:01 pm

I've created a new region in NationStates [nationstates.net]. Anyone here is more than welcome to join. The region to move to is called American Union. Get a good spot on the world map, set up trade, claim colonies, vote in the UN, even fight wars if you want. Fun stuff. The region is really small right now, but with your help it could grow pretty quickly and become a force in the NS world! B)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:36 pm

As I said at WWc, I might join. I've actually got a couple of nations, one older and one newer but with identical stats, and I'm not active in either region. I'll think about moving.

CAPTAIN Nate

CHECK THIS OUT!

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:50 pm

The Empire of SSCENTRAL

"WE LOVE TO NUKE PEOPLE THAT HATE US!!!"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:
Below Average Economy:
Strong Political Freedoms:
Below Average

Regional Influence: Minnow

The Empire of SSCENTRAL is a small, pleasant nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. The average income tax rate is 12%. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Uranium Mining industries.

Married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, military spending recently hit a new high, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime is a serious problem. SSCENTRAL's national animal is the bandage and its currency is the first aid kit.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:16 pm

CAPTAIN Nate wrote:The Empire of SSCENTRAL

"WE LOVE TO NUKE PEOPLE THAT HATE US!!"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:
Below Average Economy:
Strong Political Freedoms:
Below Average

Regional Influence: Minnow

The Empire of SSCENTRAL is a small, pleasant nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. The average income tax rate is 12%. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Uranium Mining industries.

Married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, military spending recently hit a new high, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime is a serious problem. SSCENTRAL's national animal is the bandage and its currency is the first aid kit.
Hmm...dunno if Ben would approve of that. You should have asked first if you haven't already. It's his site, so I think he might prefer how he wants it represented. Just a tip, although you might understand after a while.

CAPTAIN Nate

No title

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Fri May 25, 2007 1:46 pm

The Ramen Loving People of Poiuuiop123 is a massive, devout nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.127 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.

Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, the government seizes all major gold finds, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads, and political activists are routinely executed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Poiuuiop123's national animal is the NUKE MASTER, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the NUKE SILO.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri May 25, 2007 10:01 pm

This topic is very old - would you please check dates in future?

As this is off-topic, I'll let you get away with it, but elsewhere, it won't be tolerated.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston