Whats your fighting style(s)?

General water gun discussion.
lazerhawk08

Whats your fighting style(s)?

Post by lazerhawk08 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:38 pm

im a mix of: agressor, toy soldier, risk taker, lone wolf, gun worshipper, and intuititive.

i know it seems like alot but they all describe my fighting techniques.
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

Aurum

Re: Whats your fighting style(s)?

Post by Aurum » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:51 pm

I swear this convo has been in another thread ;)
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:21 pm

It is indeed somewhere already. So let's take this in a another direction: how to improve fighting styles. Trying to figure out what you are is a mouthful, as most people are a combination of three or more styles. Perhaps some should be merged or dropped?
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:53 am

I agree with DX.
I don't think that fighting styles should be rigid. I my opinion, everyone should be a mixture of styles, niether this or that. Also remember that DX's fighting styles aren't the only ones, rather the ones HE has encountered. You could be something completely new.
Is it just me or does every second person claim to be 'Intuitive', seems kinda odd since it is a rare style. ANYWAY
I'm a Speed Demon, Techie and......
Calculator, a style of my own creation.
Storm,
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:57 pm

I don't want to act like DX's list is the only definitive one but it does contain my fighting styles. So...I'm a Guerilla-type "Aggressive Powerholic" with a hint of "Speed Demon". in other words, I arm myself with powerful blasters but I use stealth and run around.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Goldfish4209 wrote:I don't want to act like DX's list is the only definitive one but it does contain my fighting styles. So...I'm a Guerilla-type "Aggressive Powerholic" with a hint of "Speed Demon". in other words, I arm myself with powerful blasters but I use stealth and run around.
Hehe... i see. Yeah, i know ive already written what i am in my siggy, but i'd just like to point out-

I dont mind whether i have a powerful gun or a weak gun, but i always seem to want to follow guerilla-type techniques, but i try to mess with my oppenents heads at the same time. You know, confuse, mix them up, make them do want you want them to etc.

OK, new style to label that: Physcologist
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:54 am

Hmm.. my fighting style? Simple: whatever it takes to soak YOU! :p

If one sticks solely to a rigid form of fighting, one's strengths and weaknesses will become apparent all too soon. I change things around as is needed, but always keeping in mind my own physical limitations. I may not necessarily be the fastest or most agile on the field, but I know myself and my blasters better than most and I am quick at learning to compensate for other people's movements.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:07 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Hmm.. my fighting style? Simple: whatever it takes to soak YOU! :p

If one sticks solely to a rigid form of fighting, one's strengths and weaknesses will become apparent all too soon. I change things around as is needed, but always keeping in mind my own physical limitations. I may not necessarily be the fastest or most agile on the field, but I know myself and my blasters better than most and I am quick at learning to compensate for other people's movements.

:cool:

to me it sounds like your a chameleon or follower, based on DX's fighting styles he has encountered.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Nah.. not a chameleon and definitely no follower. :p

I flow like water. :cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:58 am

I'd say I'm a combination of military and guerilla, with a bit of the versatile and team player. Of course, I'm also the only engineer on the team, though I haven't been able to apply the use of homemades very much yet. I am not terribly aggressive, nor into charging in and storming the enemy; rather, I've found it better to let them walk in. I'm also quite careful about being sure I'm out of enemy range until I get the opporunity to charge in and make the kill.

Improvements would be mainly speed and communication. While from recent experience, communication w/ the team has worked fairly well, I'd like to be able to use hand signals more often as well as overall improved team coordination. (though its already often better than the other team's) Speed is a fairly big one, which has improved slightly recently. Hopwever, right now I still rely on the range of my 12k as well as enemy weaknesses too much for winning.

Some tactics I currently rely on:

- Maintainance of somewhat close (ideally aorund 3m-5m spread) squad formations that get everyone to cover every possible ambush point when advancing. I am not very strict on this, I just tell people when to increase distance and to move to areas of the advance that aren't well covered.

- Use of cover for some stealth, to keep the enemy unaware of my exact locations (and using squad formation to avoid sudden attacks from someone sneaking through the same cover)

- Some divide and conquer; exploit bad enemy formations.

- Bait and soak (important for going against more skilled players): get someone to invoke an attack on the target, trying to get the target to chase him, then have someone else go up and make the kill.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:34 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Nah.. not a chameleon and definitely no follower. :p

I flow like water. :cool:
Im pretty sure you're making yourself out to be a Chameleon.
Dont worry, it's nothing to be scared of, i think it's a pretty cool style.

I'd use it myself, but im more worried about adopting styles i can permanently work with in any battle field, than one where it usually depends on the rest of the people playing.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:42 pm

My style is sorta just doing whatever. My main advantages over other people are my speed and endurance (County 400m champ 2006, 2007 , All-County XC 2007), so I just to run around like mad. I'm no stranger to hit and run tactics for that reason, but I definitely can sit and wait when the time's right. I'm like isoaker_com in that I just do what seems right at the time and don't adhere to a certain philosophy. Just seems "too rigid."
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:06 pm

Hey, just do what you've got to do, ok?

I'll still stick with my methods though. They work for me, thats good enough.

Chewie

Post by Chewie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:04 pm

I'm the heavy artillery. I have a SS2500 painted cammo, and an all-black Monster-XL. You'd be surprised how many people RUN the first time they realize that massive volume of water is heading right for them.

My other tactic is to serve as dug-in defense, using the XL's bipod for stability.

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:15 pm

Sounds like your a juggernaut and powerholic mix to me. Id like to play you.
Last edited by lazerhawk08 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.