Cps 2000 Mk1, Mk2

Threads about water gun modifications.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:42 am

I was studying the differences of the mk1 and mk2 of the cps 2000, And It looks to me that the pc is not allowed to stetch to its best. So is It possible to make the cps 2000 mk2's pc chamber longer so that it can get bigger?

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:14 am

Probably not. Id think that if you were to tamper with the pressure chamber the wrong way, something might go wrong and you have a broken CPS 2000. Id only modify it if I were experienced, that gun is worth something.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:29 am

I'm saying the mk2 which is a lot less expensive. And I don't plan on doing it but im putting the idea out there. This could also be done to other pc's of other guns.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:27 pm

Yes it is possible to make it stretch more. I remember discussing this before, I'll say what we basically said in that topic.

The mk2 doesn't stretch as much because the PC is longer, same with the CPS 2500. It will hit the end of the PC case eventually. Cutting it shorter and putting something on the end to seal it off (big barbed fitting with endcap and tubing clamps). The problem is that when you stretch it more than it's supposed to be the rubber gets less thick. For that reason (and because it will be really easy with nothing on the end of the PC) you should also collosus this a lot. It may not increase power still, but it should at least do a PC expansion type mod.