transormer blaster

Post by sasuke1809 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:34 am

good or bad
and is it able to work with the backpack thing

and what is the best gun for all out war

used man

Re: transormer blaster

Post by used man » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:13 am

well i havent tried the transformers blaster but it doesnt look to great. none of the blasters on todays market can measure up to any of the older cps guns. now there are four options
1. build a homemade
2.modify todays weapons
3. spend a ton of money on an old cps
4.ignore the inferior performance and just use those

those are my preferences for the situation.
Last edited by used man on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:35 am

See the Incredible Hulk water gun - it's probably just a gimmick more than anything else.

By the way, welcome to Super Soaker Central! I'm glad you stopped by to ask. :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Welcome to SSC!

1) Is the Transformers blaster good?

SuperSoaker.com reports 35 feet of range and a 50.7 ounce tank. The range is likely exagerated, so you could expect approximately 30 feet or range.

iSoaker.com's review has some more information. After skimming the review, the blaster itself sounds decent, but not great. Depending on how you use the water gun, who you're fighting against, the game type, their strategy, etc., this water gun could be more or less effective.

I'd personally look for something else if that was all that I had. There are much better water guns on the market today like the Orca and Tiger Shark from Water Warriors. And you can always build your own and make things better than anything ever on the market.

2) Will it work with the Max Infusion backpack?

No because it doesn't have the right type of cap and it's a pressurized reservoir water gun. The reservoir can not be pressurized to use the backpack.

3) Best gun for all out war

I'm just going to copy our FAQ item on this. In the future, when you have what seems to be a rather basic question, check for it in th FAQ.

http://www.sscentral.org/faq/general.html#60
"What is the best super soaker ever" is the kind of ambiguous question that you will never get everybody to agree on.

As has been said, the most powerful and farthest shooting one is the CPS 2000 mk.1. However, it's not great in the field because of its low shot time and number of pumps. The CPS 2500 is better in that respect due to its choice of nozzles.

The CPS 3000/3200, on the other hand, having a backpack is very good on water capacity, so they are good if mobility isn't a massive issue.

If you want intimidation, the Monster XL has to be your choice.

For an all-round powerful gun, go for the CPS 1500/1700. Size-to-power ratio is very good.

And if you want an air pressure rifle...go for the XP 150, though the XP 310/Max-D 6000 isn't bad either.

The top end of this year's lineups such as the HydroBlitz and Arctic Blast from Super Soaker and the Orca from Water Warriors are good guns from the current crop.

However, realize that people's opinions will always differ.
Be aware that that FAQ item only mentions manufactured water guns. From homemades, the basic APH water gun design is a good water gun for general uses. It's not the best but you can easily tailor the design to meet your needs. Other designs can be tailored to meet different needs as well.

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:12 pm

The Transformer's blaster is...interesting. It's a nonstandard design - a gauntlet that you strap onto your arm, rather than a gun you hold. It has a pop-out shield (which doesn't make the blaster much bigger) and a sideways shooting nozzle, so you can (try to) block and shoot at the same time, similar to the shield blasters.

Basically, if you want something unusual, and can accept the price, get it. If you want something GOOD, get something else, like the Arctic Blast or Orca.

If by "all out war" you mean a soakfest, ie get other people as wet as possible, then go for the Arctic Blast (or better the Flash Flood if you see it), with the addon backpack. Dodge your opponent's fire, then when they're repumping, run after them and hit 'em with the riot blast, then run away to repump yourself. You'll want a sidearm; a Water Warriors Stingray might be good, it's got nice output.
If fighting at sensible range is more your style, the larger Water Warriors guns might be better.
Last edited by cantab on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Granted, the Transformers gun has a unique, creative design. I give them that. But it's a gimmick. Gimmicks don't work well in a water war. It's also pressurized reservoir, which limits users by making them refill after every shot. To me, it looks awkward to hold, but that's just me. I'm sure once you get used to it, it's fine. But it's not worth the time or money in my opinion. Get an Arctic Blast or Orca if you want a decent to good enough gun.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.