Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
Fatalness

UserID: 2533
Thumbs up I Nostalgia'd when I saw this

When I was little I remember being repeatedly own by my cousin's Cool CPS waster guns and all i had was a little green yellow AP water gun my mom had bought at a thrift store.

Being a small scrawny kid didnt help cause i couldnt get too many pumps in before I would get soaked again cause i was too slow in pumping my gun.

Unfortunately it was crushed by some forgotten accident probably between me and my siblings.

I saw the iSoaker mainpage and saw they had a evolution tree for water guns so i checked out SS's tree.

THERE IT WAS. My trusty little friend the SS 50. I dont know if it was the classic but I've spent days and nights with this gun as a kid hugging it in bed as i slept. Haha i was so little that to get it to full pressure i had to put the end on the ground and pump it up and down like a bike pump to get it pressurized. Ahh those were good days.

and after i broke that one my mom never bought another one for me ever again.

Got your own stories on a trusty old friend?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
atvan

UserID: 2462
Default Re: I Nostalgia'd when I saw this

Nice. I beleive the ~1990 editiom was the only yellow one.

My brother, finishing fifth grade, bought a Max-D 3000 twin pack with his own money. He bought the twin pack to be nice, and I cherished my teal and green MD3k for years before submersion filling snapped the trigger spring. I continued to use it as a piston pumper. At the beginning of the summer last year, I decided I wanted a new water gun, and found these sites in my research. I research everything before I buy it. I read all the reviews I could stand on iSoaker, and decided on a new gun. (Arctice Blast) I also found this site, and when I discovered I could fix my gun, I was overjoyed that I could fix my 4 year old gun.

The rubber band repair failed. I finaly managed to de-Max-D the gun, and used the old spring latched onto part of the casing. Now, the pump seal needs lube. This gun is dying.
atvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
zeda.beta

UserID: 1825

Green and yellow sounds like it could be the original ss:50, 1980 or so.

I had a CPS 2100, and it was the weapon to beat. Everyone else had the equivalent of a Max-D 3000, and the gun was heavy to us. The pump froze however, and without the knowledge i had today, we trashed it. I'm still looking to replace one but not as much as i am to K mod a 1-3-5.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
atvan

UserID: 2462

I typoed. That is what I meant. I woke up too early (8:30) and wasn't thinking straight.

That is truly sad about the 2100. :'(

My Blog
atvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
Fatalness

UserID: 2533

But we all still have the good memories with those guns eh?