New Secret Strike - really easy nozzle removal

Threads about water gun modifications.
cantab

New Secret Strike - really easy nozzle removal

Post by cantab » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:13 am

This is a really easy mod for the new Secret Strike (the one with the four nozzles). I considered the fan blast errantly useless, so simply prised the nozzle out with a screwdriver (you could use a suitable drill but that would be more risky) and filed away the burrs. This leaves it as a big 'riot blast' nozzle with poor range but good soakage. I consider it better than the fan and so a successful mod.

There's no need to open the gun up or unscrew anything, so I'd say this is really good for anyone wanting to try a simple first mod and go beyond the stock soaker capabilities.

Silence

Re: New Secret Strike - really easy nozzle removal

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Sounds like a useful adaptation of the shotgun modification. We used to have an article about doing that to an XP 310, but that article didn't make the cut for the new site.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 pm

The older article referenced is here. It was removed or at least not absorbed into the other article because the images were poorly taken. If you, cantab, would like to post any images of your modification, we'd appreciate it because currently we only have high-quality photos of what Ben did to his CPS 2700; some photos from a newer gun would help a lot.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:10 pm

I guess I could take a photo. There's not much to see - I guess the nozzle, and a shot of it firing would be good I suppose.
Also worth bearing in mind is with this nozzle (and to an extent with ANY on the Secret Strike), it really needs to be FULLY pumped. The gun suffers from terrible pressure dropoff. Pre-charging doesn't seem to really help much (with any nozzle).