Extra Water Storage

Threads about water gun modifications.
sedgej

Post by sedgej » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:45 pm

Ive been looking to add some more water capacity to some of my guns. They do not necessarily have to be portable. Ive looked into the backpack expansion on this site, and im going to look into that. But I was wondering if there is some sort of pump that can be used to pump water from the bucket to the soaker (a gas siphen perhaps?) umm.. just gimme your ideas ....

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:21 pm

Before we go anywhere, please be aware that we write correct English at this forum. "Ive" isn't a replacement for "I've", and "im" definitely isn't a replacement for "I'm" (that and it's insulting to yourself to not capitalize I). "Supa Soaka" should be avoided, mostly for those using the search.

Please just correct these problems - you should have noticed the spell check corrected every single error you had, but you did not use it. It is hard to ignore these rules when they are posted everywhere.

To siphon water from a bucket, simply attach a tube to the reservoir intake and put the end of the tube in the bucket. ;)

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:30 pm

Just so you know, that process would be a lot slower and more arduous than just using a faucet.
My Armory
<span style='color :p urple'>
4 XP-210s
Secret Strike with drilled nozzle and increased range
XP 310 with shotgun nozzle and fan nozzle
Storm something-or-other pistol
Old "Power Soaker" - hey, it's made by Larami!

I miss my XP 75 classic... I don't miss my XP 85.

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:35 pm

Both processes are slower and more arduous than simply carrying water.

Have you seen those waistcoat/webbing jackets you can get for paintballing? They have a lot of storage areas for 100-shot pots so you don't run out of paint, but those 100-shot pots are just about the same size as a 500ml water bottle... see where I'm heading? ;)

This way, you could carry four litres of water with you, more if your soaker has a large-ish reservoir and PC(s), and the only real problem would be commando-crawling and duck-and-roll tactics. But hey, if you've a HWO you don't tend to do either of those much.

Just an idea I had a while back but forgot to mention.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:08 pm

I was thinking of duck taping some of those .5 liters(might be 1 liter I forget) to each side of the soaker, and attach tubing for a little bit more of a reservoir.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

sedgej

Post by sedgej » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:27 pm

Not that it really matters, but I will use proper punctuation so I can fullfill your standards for this forum. ;)

First of all, I will not have access to a faucet. This setup has to be completley mobile. The only source of water for the soakers is 2 or 3 buckets of water. So I am assuming siphoning will the best method.

Dark Elite, are you saying to construct a belt with bottles of water? Seems like a reasonable idea. I don't care about any "water war" moves or any of that bullsh|t

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:21 pm

Godzilla : Not sure about the likelihood of that working, but it sounds worth a try.

Sedgej : Punctuation and grammar do matter, they help us read posts enormously. Thanks for doing it anyway.

Err... Not what I intended to mean, but that may work too. I meant the flak-jacket-like things you can get for storing paintballs or, if you go to an army surplus store instead, spare mags. Either would work, or a "water belt". But then again, the water belt idea may be a bit annoying because it could fall off if too loose.. Oh well.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)