Star Wars Episode III revenge of the sith

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Thu May 19, 2005 12:12 pm

I read in Time magazine it is supposed to be better than the first two. I really hope so because the last two only had one, or two good seens. I am really amused by Hasbros Mr. potato head Darth tater! :Hey, that's funny.: I think I might be seeing it on Friday due to MCAS testing. btw MCAS is a test for Massachusetts.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu May 19, 2005 5:43 pm

From reviews I have read it is supposed to be very good and as good as how the other 3 classics were. If anyone doesn't know what they were here they are.

Episode IV - A New Hope
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI - The Return Of The Jedi

It looks good from what I have seen of it and looks like there is more action in it and better scenes. :D

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Thu May 19, 2005 7:35 pm

Yeah, it says it is the most violent of the series.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu May 19, 2005 8:08 pm

They said that it was going to be violent, dark and tragic. Seems like it too.

Shadow_Emu

Post by Shadow_Emu » Thu May 19, 2005 8:40 pm

I'm GOING! I'm GOING! :Hey, that's funny.: :Hey, that's funny.: :Hey, that's funny.: Today even. I tell you how it was after I get back tonight.
"When you say someone is mad, you mean they are crazy, and the true definition of crazy is chaotic" -Unknown-
"Chaos is simply complexity ungraspable by the human mind" -Robert Peters-
"Intelligience lies in complexity" -Robert Peters-
Chaos Theory will undoubtedly play a part in the future of mankind.
"I see you have the machine that goes PING!"
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"
"What's next, another Kamikaze Watermelon?"

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu May 19, 2005 8:44 pm

I know someone who saw it last night at 12. He simply said, "It was legendary." One of my friends is watching it now. Some reviews say that its the best one of all 6 movies. And Steven Spielburg got a private showing, and he said he cried because it was perfectly done. I thought that was funny. :P I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I will see it.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu May 19, 2005 8:51 pm

I will probably see it eventually. Certainly looks like it has kicked episode 1 and 2's butt and turned it into something good. :P

death angel

Post by death angel » Thu May 19, 2005 11:14 pm

Yeah, I've heard that it is as good as the originals as well. Though, I also heard that many of the actors were not to great. (Or so the New York Times thought). -_-
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat May 21, 2005 2:06 pm

Well, I saw it this morning and I thought it was very good. If you're looking for a happy ending, then you won't get it from this film. Very dark, and lots of killing. However, I still think Episode 5 if the best.

The special effects were excellent, as was the lightsabre fighting. Personally, I would have liked to see more of the Wookiees, but the film wasn't really about them. It does a good job of bringing everything together.

One thing that caught my interest was what Yoda told Obi-Wan at the end of the film. I haven't heard any mention of that before and wondered whether it has anything to do with the TV series they are planning. I'm sure I'll find out eventually.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat May 21, 2005 3:23 pm

Well I'm glad the final installment of the saga is not rubbish. The Star Wars people have done their homework well. :Hey, that's funny.:

Like I said I will probably see it sooner or later.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat May 21, 2005 5:29 pm

I won't see it unless my mom gets the dvd. :(

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sun May 29, 2005 10:51 am

I went the day after it came out, and it was better than the first 1, and 2. My favorite part was when anakin got the darth vader suite. btw, Does anyone have any of the star wars toys that are really old? My dad has almost all of them, I think.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun May 29, 2005 2:56 pm

Originally posted by Godzillasoaker65@May 29 2005, 11:51 AM
I went the day after it came out, and it was better than the first 1, and 2. My favorite part was when anakin got the darth vader suite. btw, Does anyone have any of the star wars toys that are really old? My dad has almost all of them, I think.
[snapback]25016[/snapback]

Yes, I have an expansive Star Wars collection, including most of the vintage figures (I'm only missing 5 I believe), loads of the vintage vehicles (including a mostly complete AT-AT and a Millenium Falcon missing only the ball and chain) and a large amount of other stuff.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Mon May 30, 2005 12:03 am

I'm not really sure how many more I need, but I have this one figure that was really rare. I think you would buy this set, and there would be a very slight chance that you would get this figure with the set. I will ask sometime tomorrow which one it was, but I think they made a very limited quantity of them. I also have 2 millennium falcons, the thing you can make robots, and 2 ice things that look like the snow place from episode 5. The light sabers were REALLY cheap back then though.

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:15 am

I saw episode 3 on opening day, and it is freaken' awesome! But the book was way better.