Straws in the 2500?

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:42 am

I was restoring a 2500 that I recently purchased off eBay, and while fixing and cleaning the internals, I found something odd. When you look down the fornt part of the nozzle, there's straws! Paper thin straws in the nozzle. I never noticed this. Has anyone else? It just seems really odd to me. :blink:

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

mackiwi

Post by mackiwi » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:03 am

Yeah...I've got the same thing in my cps 2700. I remember someone saying that they help to laminate the stream or something like that (I think it might have been Doom).

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:15 pm

Those are quite normal, in fact, I'm surprised you didn't know until now. Funny thing was I thought this topic was going to be able ACTUAL straws in your guns... at the Aquatica iKonboard way back reportedly a few CPS 1000s had real McDonalds straws in them.

For further reading on "linear guidance walls" (aka straws), please read the Streams article. I am going to make a few revisions to that article in the next few days, hopefully I'll be able to add more pictures.