Super Soaker shot at -45 degs. F

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Super Soaker shot at -45 degs. F

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TYaDgEQSIo&NR

Interesting video. The water doesn't even seem to reach the ground still in liquid form.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Wow, that's pretty sweet. Too bad there won't be time for the water to condense if it's only 10-20 degrees Fahrenheit.

I've been wondering whether it's possible to launch snow using a water cannon, or using a water balloon launcher and a sabot. Obviously, launching a snowball would be dangerous...

Nice find as usual. :)

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:49 pm

Weird video.

You haven't seen a WBL launch a snowball? You really should! As long as it is packed well, you can get it to fly further than a water balloon. I once thought it might be funny if I showed up to a snowball fight with a Douchenator painted white...
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:16 pm

Well, I've thought about how neat it would be to create a metal water balloon launcher and use in a snowball fighting. Until I picture a snowball ripping somebody's head off.

PVC can also explode easily in the cold. But metal wouldn't...

And even worse, I can't even see us getting any snow this year. Today and yesterday have been highs of mid-70s.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:52 pm

I'd try launching snow in an instant from one of my metal air cannons - except for the fact that it hasn't snowed here since I've built them.

Damned Global warming.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:02 pm

Damn, water got pwnd. I'd like to see it with a dye so it's easier to see.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.