Having a Fake Super Soaker

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Arshad

Post by Arshad » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:41 pm

Hi;

Whats the difference between having a fake SS and a real one? Is there anything different?

Is the material weak?
Does it not last long?
Does the pump break easily?
Does it not have enough power?
Does it not shoot far as it is surpose to?

Just wanted to know some unanswerd questions.

Soakologist Edited: For Spelling and Grammar.
Please follow correct English when posting. It benefits the community by being neater and it benefits you by not looking foolish.
Thanks! B)

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:59 pm

Well, the only really good Super Soaker lookalike I can think of is the Super Shooter CPS 2000, a CPS 1000 lookalike. While it appears virtually identical on the outside, the internals are poorly made and the connections are different. It also leaks profusely and its range is not as good. Other Super Soaker lookalikes have less effort put into them. They tend to not even be Air-Pressure tech and would only resemble a Super Soaker from a quick glance or a distance. At any rate, you're best to avoid bootlegs and go for the real deal.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:50 pm

I don't have much to say because Soakologist pretty much covered it. But I will say please use the word bootleg correctly! A fake water gun trying to look like a Super Soaker is not a bootleg. Dictionary.com is your best friend, look bootleg up. It's the real deal, sold illegally. A bootleg soaker probably wouldn't be too bad. Stick to the word fake.

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:24 pm

**bleep!** I have a fake Sc 400.

Please PM this to him. Thanks.

-Jade

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:49 pm

Did I miss something, Ice? :huh:
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:12 am

What did you do jadefalcon?

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:25 am

Having fake soakers isnt really anything to be proud of. You see most fakes are not really powerful, and companies, typically small ones do it to make a quick buck off the real thing. Just change one little thing to differ the patent and presto! Bootleg/fake.

edit- topic moved to Soaker Exchange.