Hasbro Customer Service

General water gun discussion.
Spinner

Hasbro Customer Service

Post by Spinner » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:57 pm

Here's the emails that went between me and Hasbro. To explain what went on beforehand, my CPS 2500's nozzle broke last summer, and although I got a refund from the retailer, that was it.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Having heard good things about your USA customer service, I attempted to contact the Hasbro UK branch via email, which I finally managed to, but I did not get any futher replies to my email. After searching through the Hasbro UK website, I finally found a phone number, which I rang. I have a problem with a CPS 2500 that I bought in 2003, but the best thing I was recommended by your UK branch was a Triple Aggressor which does not satisfy me as it does not use the much more powerful CPS technology. I understand that you are still making the CPS 4100, but that was not suggested. I am unimpressed with the level of service that I have received, and wish to know how I may get a CPS 4100, which, although is nowhere near as good as a CPS 2500, should go to some extent to fill the gap. At present, I will not hesitate to comment unfavourably online about your UK service.

Regards,
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

We are no longer manufacturing the CPS Super Soakers in the United States and have no information if these products have been discontinued in United Kingdom as well.

We have forwarded your e-mail to the appropriate persons in United Kingdom. you shoul dbe hearing from them soon.
6 days later, I have still not received a reply from your UK branch. I am
seriously not impressed with your UK "customer service" - it seems a bit
much to call it "customer service" when you don't provide service. (Ha, ha,
ha - I've just read the bit above in your email saying "Thank you for
allowing us to be of service to you". I find that somewhat ironical: I'm not
preventing you from providing service to me&#33 ;) I hear that you provided a
replacement CPS 4100 very recently to a soaking warrior in the USA: why the
double standard? Don't us in the UK deserve it or something? I would like to
mention here that I am the webmaster of one of the foremost (if not THE
foremost) UK Soaker websites. Can you give me a good reason why I shouldn't
attack your reputation on my website? Why shouldn't I recommend some other
brand like Buzz Bee and not advocate Hasbro at all?
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

We apologize that you have not received a response from the Hasbro UK office.

We can not ship directly to consumers outside of the United States due to customs and duty charges.

However, we are shipping a CPS 4100 Super Soaker to our office in the United Kingdom. Once they receive the product there, they will send it to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
It went on for much longer, though, and it seems the first 4100 got lost in the post. However, I eventually received it.

The point is...if you push them hard enough or long enough...they'll help you.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:46 pm

so basically, you got your money and a free cps 4100? you're so lucky now go sell that soaker on ebay and get more money!
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:07 pm

Originally posted by ChaosKnight@Jul 13 2004, 04:46 PM
so basically, you got your money and a free cps 4100? you're so lucky now go sell that soaker on ebay and get more money!
That's basically it. I don't want to sell it though, I'm adding it to my soaker collection. ^_^

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:49 pm

Good work! Maybe Hasbro does listen if you bug them enough. :Hey, that's funny.: I ought to try that.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:04 pm

They sent me a free CPS 4100 when my old one broke, no questions ask. BTW spinner, the CPS 2500 will work without the nozzle. ^_^

-Jade

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:07 pm

I think im going t get myself a new 4100.
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:09 pm

I wish I had known this earlier. I could have sent my broken max-d secret strike and gotten a cps 4100... the plastic hollow joint attached to the trigger snapped. the joint was threaded and someone had put a screw there that was too short and didn't connect all the way so only the plastic was holding it together. I went and bought a screw that fit the size of the joint and whammo! it was fixed. oh well. I wouldnt want to have to wait and pay postage for a new soaker.
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:13 pm

Originally posted by ChaosKnight@Jul 13 2004, 03:09 PM
I wish I had known this earlier. I could have sent my broken max-d secret strike and gotten a cps 4100... the plastic hollow joint attached to the trigger snapped. the joint was threaded and someone had put a screw there that was too short and didn't connect all the way so only the plastic was holding it together. I went and bought a screw that fit the size of the joint and whammo! it was fixed. oh well. I wouldnt want to have to wait and pay postage for a new soaker.
Dude, I didn't even send them the broken soaker or provided a picture, they sent me one FREE OF CHARGE, no Shipping or Handling. the believed me. And of course Im not that low to lie to them, my 4100 really did break.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:23 pm

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09@Jul 13 2004, 08:04 PM
BTW spinner, the CPS 2500 will work without the nozzle. ^_^

-Jade
Haha, I know that, it's just not as useful now with no ways to restrict the stream and so increase the shot time. <_<

And ChaosKnight, there's no guarantee that they would have sent you a CPS 4100 for a Max-D SS. Since they still make the MD SS, they might well have sent you that instead. Still, worth a try.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:21 pm

Originally posted by Hyper_9@Jul 13 2004, 03:07 PM
I think im going t get myself a new 4100.
Are you implying what I think you are? I think I'll do that for my 2700, so I wouldn't be lying when I say "it broke." ;)

Storm

Post by Storm » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:43 pm

Wow, I'm going to try email them about my broken md6000 :D
Storm

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:02 pm

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09+Jul 13 2004, 12:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jadefalcon09 @ Jul 13 2004, 12:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ChaosKnight@Jul 13 2004, 03:09 PM
Dude, I didn't even send them the broken soaker or provided a picture, they sent me one FREE OF CHARGE, no Shipping or Handling. the believed me. And of course Im not that low to lie to them, my 4100 really did break. [/b][/quote]
Exactly the same with me. I told them that my Cps 4100s trigger broke. However, I did NOT ask for a new one. That's the trick. All I did was tell the staff there to make them stronger. They sent me another Cps 4100, and I fixed my old one's trigger.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:32 pm

This topic interests me... My MD6000's trigger valve gave out a while ago, within a week of it being bought! But, I have emailed Hasbro about it and they say they are no longer distributing MD6000s so they cannot help me. Hmmm.... I smell bullXPBackfire-esque...

1. Who is distributing them if Hasbro isn't?

2. They made it in the first place, they should sort it out whether they still sell them or not!
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:41 pm

Just try to keep hammering them with emails complaining and saying they should still deal with the problem, at least sending a replacement blaster or a refund.

EDIT: Nice to see you back, by the way. B)

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:50 pm

BTW spinner, the CPS 2500 will work without the nozzle.

-Jade
Haha, I know that, it's just not as useful now with no ways to restrict the stream and so increase the shot time
Hey, I just realized that you could do a nozzle mod to the 2500. The adaptor might have to be a size other than 3/4", but if you find a size that fits and get a saw + electrical tape, you've got new nozzles for the 2500! I know I'm replying to a problem that happened in July, but I don't think the nozzle mod existed then.
As for the emails, I have never once recieved a reply for any email I've ever sent to Hasbro. :blink:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!