Vanquisher Nozzles

Threads about water gun modifications.
-G-JiV-

Vanquisher Nozzles

Post by -G-JiV- » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 pm

I am currently not having a Vanquisher but I will get one in the next days. I heard it only got 3 rather lousy nozzles...

I want to know from your experiences, which nozzles could its PC handle, aparted from the fact that the PC is internal and it build up negativ pressure when firing to fast.

5 X :: ? 10 X:: ? Or even 20 X :: ?

What might be range at a 10 X:: ? 12 metres, as far as CPS 1000 ?

Give me some ideas of other nozzles this vanquisher should have, I am going to build up a big nozzle selector^^ Saturator? or FLash nozzle ?

Please go deep in your water warfare dreams and tell me different nozzles, you would like to have, I will then decide which nozzle I will install and post performance later here, but now I need ideas^^

As soon as I have my vanquisher, I go on building up the nozzle selector, till this I need possible nozzles :) ( I would also welcome others than straight nozzles)
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

soakernerd

Re: Vanquisher Nozzles

Post by soakernerd » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Don't make anything over 1/4" in diameter. The ball valve has only a 1/4" of flow.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:40 pm

I drilled out the fan nozzle into an 8.5x nozzle. It's okay, but it doesn't have very good range.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:54 pm

martianshark wrote:I drilled out the fan nozzle into an 8.5x nozzle. It's okay, but it doesn't have very good range.
How much range ? 10 metres? less ?

WHat is about the original fan ? The vinciator fan works great I would like to point out^^

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:48 am

The original fan is pretty bad. It only shoots a couple meters, doesn't really get anyone wet, and it runs out fast. When I drilled it out, it had a thick 8.5x stream and shot about 30 feet, which is 10 yards, which yes, is about 10 meters.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:10 am

That does not sound that bad^^ how much mm is such a 8,5 X:: stream ?

Is this the direct exit or can you go a bit further?

Other nozzles would also be great^^ What about a Saturator, such as the Power Pack uses ?

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Unless the Vanquisher is somehow suddenly a lot more powerful than the Vindicator, you're not even getting optimum range on the largest nozzle it comes with. The Vindicator's highest-ranged nozzle is the one below the largest one, which is approx. 3x.

Instead of output however, I'd prefer thinking in terms of diameter (in mm because inch fractions are a real pain to deal with), and the largest Vindicator nozzles are around 3mm and 4mm. Generally, 1x is close to 1mm, but this is not true in many cases.

The internals of BBT blasters are usually about 5-6mm, unless there have also been changes that I'm not aware of. For the useless fan blast however, you can't turn it into a decently ranged nozzle and doing so would be impractical because the manufactured nozzles will always be smoother and result in better stream lamination and performance. Therefore, it may be worth experimenting with a mini-shower or riot blast, but do so carefully and be very careful not to overestimate the capabilities of the blaster or the nozzle may end up becoming as useless as the fan blast was to begin with.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Hm^^ Nice information, all that is right, I can think of own experiences...

I am not going to drill out any existing nozzle but create some more(as I did on my CPS 1500, ooooo works so great!!! :D )

Also thanks for your suggestions for nozzles!

Ok, I have made some nozzles on my Computer, let me know what you think of each, and whether I should use it or not and the reasons. All pictures are not in best quality because I am just an average painter... :D

The black ring symbolies the whole nozzle, the black colour inside stands for the hole, that is cut out, here the water will pass the nozzle.
What do you think, which ones will be useful, great, good range or good soakage ?

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:30 pm

A is your standard nozzle. All the rest are gimmicks, I'd say some better than others.

B, D, H, and I could all be decent. Keep each hole small so the total output is within what the gun can handle. One factor I'm not sure about is whether drilling the holes at an angle is important for making the streams spread out.

The others I'd forget about, they're going to give short ranged fan sprays.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:31 pm

G and K look like they'll be interesting.
I'm a dude

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:43 pm

I'd like to see the affect of E.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:03 am

cantab wrote:A is your standard nozzle. All the rest are gimmicks, I'd say some better than others.
QTF. Even most riot nozzles are some variation of nozzle A. B may be able to also serve the same purpose as a riot nozzle (and do so better because the Vanquisher lacks the power to push a good riot blast), but only if it has a little spread and output. (Within limits of course; too much output means no power to push it out, and too much spread wastes a lot of water; spread should NEVER be more than 25° but I'd stick to 15° as a limit.)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:12 am

Maybe you could kmod it so it will have enough power for better nozzle settings.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:17 am

The power of bladder is not the limiting constraint. The limit is the size of the pipe.
KModding does seem like a viable option for the vanquisher, as it has a lot of volume that can be used up.
@C-A_99
The pipe is that big, but the hole in the ball valve is smaller. Or at least it is on the vindicator.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:00 am

Increasing power of the vanquisher is needed, when I install a big nozzle selector I see...

Does anyone have experiences with K-Modding the vanquisher? The PC will expand so much, balloons would not pop here? I just do not know...

But currently I do not have it, seems to last till tuesday or may Monday :D

I will try my best at the nozzles and then get back to you :)

But currently I am not sure which nozzles I should use...I mean, I cannot use all of them :rolleyes: , maybe but this is much work... :D