Partial Hasbro Update!

General water gun discussion.
Rook

Partial Hasbro Update!

Post by Rook » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:17 am

http://www.hasbro.com/supersoaker/defau ... iewall=yes

Seems Hasbro.com has added to their listings.

So far, they've added the Secret Strike, and revealed a new color scheme for the Liquidator.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:09 am

I don't see any secret strike when I go to that website. Maybe you mistook the arctic shock for it?
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:19 am

Oh, sorry. Secret Strike is the name of one of the new 2007 soakers. Sorry for the confusion.

I realize my 8 post count here may throw people off (perhaps thinking I'm new), but I have over 200 posts at iSoaker.com. ;)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:45 pm

I always thought the name was Covert Control (dispite the box), wonder why they reused the name on the 2003 Max-D gun.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:50 pm

Maybe they have yet to decide between them.

iSoaker has also discovered that they're working in the Arctic Blast page.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:20 am

From what I'm seeing, the secret strike is just the Max Infusion Overload minus the aquapack. In other words, crap. The backpack was the only thing that made that blaster even worth looking at, and they got rid of it. What stupid ideas will Hasbro think of next?
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:22 am

Wake me up when they introduce new CPS line soakers...
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:53 am

Monsoon wrote:From what I'm seeing, the secret strike is just the Max Infusion Overload minus the aquapack. In other words, crap. The backpack was the only thing that made that blaster even worth looking at, and they got rid of it. What stupid ideas will Hasbro think of next?
The backpack still connects, and the pricing seems like it'll probably be about the same. In 2006, you could not get the backpack without getting the overload. Basically, the only differences between the secret strike and overload so far seems to be only the reservoir size and nozzles.

At the very least, ever since the good soakers were out, the quality of the more recent ones has been slowly moving up. If not, they at least introduced something else somewhat useful, such as the Max-I interchangable backpacks (though I definately agree that the capacity they add might as well be part of the gun) or the quick fill cap.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:01 am

C-A_99 wrote:At the very least, ever since the good soakers were out, the quality of the more recent ones has been slowly moving up. If not, they at least introduced something else somewhat useful, such as the Max-I interchangable backpacks (though I definately agree that the capacity they add might as well be part of the gun) or the quick fill cap.
Maybe you're right, as the Soaker Tag and EES series were by far the worst. But last year was all gimmicks, and it was just luck that a Flash Flood with a drilled nozzle was halfway-good.

Now they've taken last year's soakers, made them boxier and put the grip along the entire back, except for the Oozinator and HydroBlitz.