NEW Message Board- by ZOCCOZ

Discussion of other water gun websites.
ZOCCOZ

NEW Message Board- by ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:44 am

*Note*- Moderators are free to delete my thread about the myspace ZOCCOZ Messege board if they like.

Anyways, I am promoting now my new messege board. Its structured somewhat differently than all the others, but in time people might start to really like it. If someone is interested in joining feel free to do so. If not, also good since it didn't cost me anything anyways.
ZOCCOZ Water Gun Zone

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:48 pm

This is more like it! My only complaint is that the logo is far too large. Change it's size to something less than 500 pixels wide and 200 tall or even make it so that the size is variable (like the SSC website).

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:37 pm

I'll say it again (sorry).

The width of the window is KILLING ME. I would read all those posts, but I have to scroll back and forth over and over and it's just a pain!!! Imagine what it would be like for someone on 800 x 600! They would have to scroll nonstop. My computer is on 1400 x 900, and even when I resize the window to the max width, I can't see the whole thing! Could something PLEASE be done about it?

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:43 am

before I didn't know what everyone was talking about. Then I realised that everyone else was still set on the default skin, while I was the only one with the upgraded indigio-yellow-neon red skin. I switched now every user to the new actual skin.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:18 am

Woh, cool! Did you make that skin?

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:15 am

I did costumize the colour skeems(background, tables, fonts...). Took me awhile to. The original template was the standard all black and grey version.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:35 am

Today starts the first 1 week "soaker battle" at the ZOCCOZ Watergun Zone in section 5 on the Combat Colloseum forum. If you have the time, feel free to submit your vote.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:18 am

The Battle Colloseum need 1 more player to have the first game. So if someone is interested, feel free to sign up.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:26 pm

It appears that there is no activity on ZWZ - why have people abandoned it?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:50 pm

Actually, I can't even get on it! Is anyone else having this problem?

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:22 pm

There is still 1-2 posts a day. But activity has been minimal lately. Well, it should catch up again sooner or later. As for the error messege, I get that one to now and then. If that happens, just wait 5 minutes and try again. I guess thats one of the flaws with free forums.

http://www.aokforums.com/forums/?mforum=zoccoz
Just in case, this link still works for me.

On a sidenote, I tried to find my forum on the search engine, and got nothing. So I suspect that there won't be many new members over the coming months.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:28 pm

I haven't had any problems with an error message - but it appears that I may have had a problem with my log-in (if I'm not logged in, it doesn't flag new posts), so it may have been this.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:34 pm

On a sidenote, I tried to find my forum on the search engine, and got nothing. So I suspect that there won't be many new members over the coming months.
It takes time for a website to appear in search engines. Also, Google intentionally ranks websites hosted on known free hosts, free forum hosts included, lower than other websites. They claim, with good reason I suppose, that most websites on free hosts are not of the quality of websites on pay hosts. Get a domain name and paid host and you should rank much higher after you get out of the Google sandbox, which will take months.

SEO obviously is a complicated subject, but I'm here if you want any advice or links to websites. ;)

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:04 pm

Paid hosts are unfortunatly not an option for me. Even tough I know that sooner or later my free host will call it quits, and my forum will be gone.

But I am wondering, does the search engine sometimes rank according to Alphabetical order? My forum starting with a Z would not help I would imagine.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:38 pm

Engines are very unlikely to rank alpabetically.

They might only do this in the unlikely case that two websites had identical hit counts - not likely.