New "Accesory" things

General water gun discussion.
blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:36 pm

If you read in the "Could it be?" topic, I mentioned that I got a set of 2 MD2000s (double deus, nothin better) with 2 Soaker Balls and 4 SoakerTags.

Let me start off with the SoakerTags. I praise hasbro for their effort on these, but they're total XPBackfire-esque. First off, they dissolve very quickly. A few shots from my MD2000 proved this. Secondly, they will only dissolve if a high pressure, concentrated stream hits them. That means riot blasts are useless. Thirdly, they are very small. You have to aim perfectly and hit them right where they have their tag, otherwise you're just wasting water. However, these tags do serve a purpose. What I did was clip one onto a leaf on a tree next to my house, and I used it as a target for practice. So, in the real battles, stick to your clothes (hehe thats what happens when u get wet).

On to the Soaker Balls. I have 2 of these. Thus, I have 2 balls (hehe sorry, had to do that...). If you let these soak in water, they won't fill as well as if you push them into the hose or faucet. You will know when they are full because they get heavier than usual. If you hit someone with on of these, it will do a pretty good job soaking the general area that it hit them, but are useless if they hit the ground. This is because they Don't explode like water balloons. So if you have good aim, this is actually pretty good to have around.

So you see, these both have a purpose. Attached are some pics of a ball and a Tag.
Attachments
soaker_tag_and_ball_jpeg.jpg
soaker_tag_and_ball_jpeg.jpg (88.55 KiB) Viewed 661 times

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:13 am

see, you allwayz thought that soakertag was so cool untill you tried it yourself. As for the ball stuff, I have 2 from another brand. Let me say this, stick to water balloons. Its like the difference between a rock and a granade.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:03 am

yeah, austins pretty much right. but theres just this great sattisfaction of a squishing noise as a soaker ball hits someone's face...yeah. hey doom read my reply in the "whats better" topic. I measured...everything I said (including the 1-3-5) was about 40 feet.