School Warfare

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:27 pm

I like to have spit wad wars with my friends at school.Do you guys do this?Does any one know how to make any school warfare contraptions or weapons?
It is the old who declare war but it is the youth who die for it.
-Herbert Hoover

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:43 pm

I used to do that. I know how to make a cannon. Here is what you need.

- one of those cheap mechanical pencils that comes in packs of 12.
- a rubber band.
- a paperclip.

Okay, first you take the pencil and get the tip off. Once that is off, break the gizmo on the front off.With that off you can pull the tube with the eraser in it out through the back. The main shell of the pencil will tapir at the end, break the tapiring part off and de-bur your main shell. Now take the second piece of the pencil that holds the eraser and pull those little dangling things off of it. Then cut the thing that holds the eraser half of an inch shorter. It will now look like this.

-----
| |------------------------------------------
| |------------------------------------------
----- ^
^ thing that holds the eraser
eraser

Now put the thing holding the eraser in the shell. It should be a little bit shorter that the shell. Now take your paperclip and make it a hook shape like this.

-----------------------------
|
----------

Put the long end of the paperclip in the eraser. Take your rubber band and double it up like two erasers. Put it through the hook on the shell of the pencil and the other end it the hook of the paperclip. Then push the other end of the paperclip into the eraser locking the rubber band in place. Now your cannon is done. It uses rubber band power so you will be able to aim better than the conventional straw spit wad launcher. It also shoots longer distances. You can fire a lot of spit wads at once too, I can fit ten in mine.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:54 pm

Do you use those elastic book covers? I found you can shoot pen caps by using them as a slingshot.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:04 pm

We make blowdarts too. On the tip we use long copper cardboard staples.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:05 pm

Pfft! We shoot pens with book covers. Also if you flick the cap off one of those cheap black pens just right you can get it to go 6 feet or so.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:35 pm

I've made a paper airplane that can go across the room. I might be able to post designs...
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:46 pm

Try the world record holding plane by Ken Blackburn. You should be able to find plans online, here's the Guinness Book of World Records page on it:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/gwr ... rdid=43971
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:23 am

Ahh, paper airplanes. Used to fly them every day after school a few years ago. My best flight was about 400ft. across a field, over a few trees, over the street, and out to the corner. And that was a simple paper airplane made from one piece of standard computer paper. I still have that original plane in a shoebox in my room, forgot about it until this topic came up. It's a really nice type of plane, I can make plenty more, they won't fly 400ft., that was a lucky flight, but a classroom is not enough space to fly one. :P I also know how to make this weird kind of plane, it looks like a cylinder-shaped hat, is thrown with 1 finger, and spirals as it "flies." I'll get some designs or pics or something.
I used to do that. I know how to make a cannon. Here is what you need.

- one of those cheap mechanical pencils that comes in packs of 12.
- a rubber band.
- a paperclip.

Okay, first you take the pencil and get the tip off. Once that is off, break the gizmo on the front off.With that off you can pull the tube with the eraser in it out through the back. The main shell of the pencil will tapir at the end, break the tapiring part off and de-bur your main shell. Now take the second piece of the pencil that holds the eraser and pull those little dangling things off of it. Then cut the thing that holds the eraser half of an inch shorter. It will now look like this.
I make those things. I don't use a paperclip, though, after breaking the front part of the pencil I ram the end of the rubber band into the eraser hole-area and attach the other end to the pencil. Only takes a few seconds. Those little cannons work really well, the best type of ammo is an ink cartridge from a pen, I managed to shoot one across the Campus Center during a free period.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:51 am

Wasps and rubber bands rule
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:53 am

Warfare is fun, but have you guys ever played paper football (AKA table football)? Now that is fun.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:38 am

Paper Football Rocks!
I don't check this forum anymore.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:08 am

Paper Football? BORING...

It's just people trying to flick a triangular piece of paper between someone's fingers...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:02 am

I once nearly got expelled for making mechanical pencil guns. They shot little bent paper clips and we must have had 50+ small skirmishes before they litterally grabbed anyone caught doing it.

Strange thing is, our design was completely different than the one Dux posted. We just took the top off the pencil, push the eraser in, placed the paper clip in the holder it creates, and then pulled the eraser back to shoot. Seems easier.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:34 pm

I have these very unique clicking pens (the ones you click to make the tip come in and out). I can unscrew the part that covers the tip, and use the exposed ink tube as a spring-loaded launcher (it has a pretty strong spring wrapped around it for the clicking purpose of the pen). I pull back and let it fly. It doesn't go very far (well it does...), but I use it as a distraction to steal someone's extra pencils/pens.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:40 pm

Here are some pictures of wasps.

I've seen one pass through contruction paper! All you do is get a piece of paper, cut it length wise into 8X-1X in. strips. Then roll them up, then you just fold them. To use them get a rubber band and use the space in the middle to launch it. They hurt really bad and you can conceal them easily. Just put the wasps in your pocket, and wear the band around your wrist or something.