Sup

General water gun discussion.
WetWilly

Sup

Post by WetWilly » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 am

Hi, I'm WetWilly...yeah, I know, best pun-type name I could think up related to water guns. :rolleyes: I'm participating in a water fight on Wednesday, there's five teams, mine has 7 people. I bought a whole bunch of water guns for the fight, then I thought I might as well Google "water fight strategies" so I might have a chance against the other teams, who'll probly be better armed and outnumber us. I read up on the FAQ and some of the strategies, but I'd like some direct advice, so I joined up. Can anyone give me some pointers before Wednesday? I've had water fights before (who hasn't, in the hot summer?) but this is sort of a serious thing.
Psalm 144: "Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war,"

uberninja333

Re: Sup

Post by uberninja333 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 am

read the entire tatics section , including dx tactical theore. i need more information on where to give good advice. cary a pack filled with ammo, filled guns, tools, rope, com, food, and anything else you can think of. if its in woods, cash items in trees/easy accessable places, wear a ghile suit, or use a popup blind to break up your outline. use all of your senses, and common sence to find and ultimmatly defeat the oponents. try to start causing conflicts betwene the other team, and use hit an run to abuse the enemy. practace with the guns. cause caose and force orher teams to wipe eachother out.
above all else THINK.
it also helps to be crazy.
Why the f*** dose it seem like i'm the only one in north dakota on this site. if you live in sargent countty send me a message.

squad of 3 beats an army of one

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 am

It all depends on who you're playing against. For some people, a Max-D 6000 and several water bottles will drench them easily if they're only using squirt guns. But aside from finding good blasters that suit you (there is no such thing as a "best" blaster), you need to master the basics of pumping, shooting/aiming, water management, etc. which is typically very easy. The tougher part is dodging, which can be done in many ways, but if you're at least somewhat physically fit, you won't have a problem with it.

In water warfare, things often boil down to awareness of surroundings and team coordination. Speed and dodging skill help a lot too. No need for ghillie suits or even camo though. Camo may be of some help depending on where you play, but is of very limited use in water warfare particularly because of the very short engagement range.

In the end, just be aware of your surroundings and team. Water gun ranges are important to pay attention to. If you are lightly armed going up against someone more heavily armed, look for exploits to sneak around them and use your speed to close in. What it comes down to is how well you can think and make fast decisions, which if you're, say, an avid gamer or sports player, you should have a sense of. All the tactical ideas and planning in the world will probably not matter when you're on the field anyway.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Welcome to SSC!

I would recomend combining guerilla tactics(to minamalize effect of range difference), and DX's outnumbered strategy, found here.

WetWilly

Post by WetWilly » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks, for the welcomes and the advice. A little more clarification on the water fight: it will be fought between 5 teams of 8-14 people on a sparse field, with a few 2-meter sized hills breaking it up. Most people have squirt pistols or some rad water guns from home, there's one fill-up station (a kiddie pool) and barely any cover besides the hills. No water balloons, but there might be buckets to dump on people. It's either gonna be a total soakfest or a CTF sorta deal, depends on if the other people are willing to forgo chaos for an actual contest. My team now has 8 people, but we are still the smallest. Any more specific advice, now that I've told you guys a bit about it?

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 am

Try to get a gun with as high output as possible. If you can still find it, the Irom Man 2 Blaster would be your best choice for a modern stock gun. A Hydro Cannon modded to have a bigger pump and huge PC, along with a backpacl would likely be you best modded choice. An APH would be you best homemade choice.

The tactics i recomeded earlier will be your friends. Utilize the fact that with the lighter guns, you can move more quickly.

WetWilly

Post by WetWilly » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:00 am

Thanks, atvan. I plumbed the local Wal*Mart and my garage, found a few guns worth taking in case my team is underarmed. I'm not sure how great they are, but they shoot fine and they've got my team name on them in black marker, so I'm bringing 2 canvas sacks full of water guns, rifles, compacts, hold-out pistols, even a water shotgun of sorts (the "Splat Blaster 2" or something like that). Hopefully, we'll have a pretty good chance and a really good time.

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:24 pm

The splat blaster 2 is good if you get surprised. Did you manage to pick up an IM2 Blaster or 2?

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:09 am

Failing that the buzz bee toys line of water warriors is still going strong. You might be able to find some decent guns, but their line is now air pressure if i'm not mistaken.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:22 pm

How did it go?
Last edited by atvan on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WetWilly

Post by WetWilly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:18 pm

It was epic! We made an alliance with another team against all the others, who fortified themselves behind a big hill. We brought all our guns and buckets and bottles, set up a siege against them and smashed their defense. Their leader ran away and we soaked them all!

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Sounds fun!

WetWilly

Post by WetWilly » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:01 am

It was! And everyone had so much fun, we're doing it again tomorrow with different teams.

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:18 am

Ooh, nice!