CPS 2000 Leak

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
wcwversion1

CPS 2000 Leak

Post by wcwversion1 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:37 pm

Hey, i got another CPS2000 at a garage sale yesterday ($3.00, YES!). It APPEARS to be perfect but is not. Water is seeping threw the cracks (where the tank connects to the rest of the gun). There is also water coming out the trigger. What should i do?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:59 pm

You're going to have to open this water gun up to locate the leak. Once the water gun is open, please take a picture and post it here. Then, examine the area around the leak to possibly find the source of the leak. If you can not find the source and neither can we from the image, you will have to "dry pump" the water gun in a tub of water to see where the leaks come from.

wcwversion1

Post by wcwversion1 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:41 pm

Crap, so do you think the leak is internal? I have to open that thing up? Yikes.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:31 am

Don't think opening is anything special or rare. There's absolutely nothing to it. Once you open one, you gain a lot more confidence, so it would be best to open up now.

I also wouldn't take Light Annihilator's advice at iSoaker.com on using duct tape to fix the problem. Duct tape nearly never stops a leak.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:01 am

I also wouldn't take Light Annihilator's advice at iSoaker.com on using duct tape to fix the problem. Duct tape nearly never stops a leak.[/QUOTE]

I said duct tape or epoxy if the duct tape did not work use the epoxy.
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

wcwversion1

Post by wcwversion1 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:23 am

Ehh, i guess opening it up isn't too bad. Im just used to Nerf guns with all the complex springs and crap. Im sure super Soakers are a little easier.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:59 am

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:I said duct tape or epoxy if the duct tape did not work use the epoxy.
Don't lie to me. You lose a lot of respect when you lie to me. You could have at least edited your post at iSoaker.com:
A cps 2000 for $3 wow! i have got to check more yard sales. As or the tank leakage i think duct tape or epoxy should work. As for the trigger well i don't think i can help you there.
You also could have simply said "Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip Ben." but you chose to lie instead. That's not good.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:31 pm

Do you have to criticize everything i do. When ever i post you always have to make some smart comment. You better understand this i do not lie. :mad:
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:11 pm

I don't criticize everything you do! I am here to help you. That is my purpose in running this website. You were lying when you said that you only meant for duct tape to be used if it doesn't leak. You can't seem to handle any sort of criticism, even constructive.

At iSoaker.com, you did not say that epoxy should be used if duct tape doesn't work. You only said that you could use epoxy or duct tape. I suggested not using duct tape. This is not a problem (unless you want it to be, of course).

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:16 pm

This is to minor of a problem to be arguing over. We all should be helping wcwversion1 fix his cps 2000, not arguing over how to fix it or whether someone is lying or not. Someone of your status should not be arguing with a new member over a problem as minor as this. :cool:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:22 pm

Good that you're seeing it my way. That's why I said this:
I am here to help you. That is my purpose in running this website.
[...]
This is not a problem (unless you want it to be, of course).
Stop playing the moderator. You're the one who started "arguing", with the lie. Next time you start anything, it's read-only for two days. Next after that, it's four times that (and afterwards, another four times, and so on). You seem very adept at arguing and disagreeing with me (similar to CPS).

wcwversion1

Post by wcwversion1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:04 am

So let me get this straight, should i try to open it up and find the leak? Or is it not serious enough for that? The water appears to be just seeping out after a certian amount of pressure is inside it.

What should i do?

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:19 pm

I would open it and pump it up and see if you see where the water is coming from.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:41 am

-Marauder's right, open it, when you find where the leak is, seal it with epoxy. (If you don't have epoxy, I find superglue works fine.)

-Light Annihilator, even if you were right, fighting with someone more powerful than you when he's already made up his mind isn't going to help anything. I would just admit to it and apologize if it's something that small. That will win over a lot of respect for you which will be helpful later if something bigger comes up.

-Ben, you could lighten up a bit yourself, or you might drive many people who have potential away. They just need seasoning. Maybe you could have tried something like "I don't think that's what you originally had in your post, you don't need to change it to try to gain respect, you'll probably lose more that way. People will forget something like that in five minutes, and it won't effect their opinion about you."

-Those last two comments were meant to be entirely constructive, if anyone was insulted by something I said there tell me.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:13 am

- Soakerhunter, you could have checked the date before making yourself look plain silly. This "problem" was over weeks ago, in fact I think everyone had forgotton it already. Stop playing the moderator too. That was part of my point in this thread. Until you are made a moderator, you're not one, so don't try to be one!

- What's with this too? This looks like a formatting experiment gone wrong. I used dashes for lists sometimes, but not for paragraphs. Please avoid doing this for paragraphs. I'm doing it almost sarcastically to show you how silly it looks.