Check valve freeze

Threads about water gun modifications.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:04 pm

Did I saw correctly?

I need to know before I go plugging up the ends with screws and Epoxy.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:06 pm

Yep, that looks fine.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:10 pm

Okay, thanks. I found a saw, so I used it and it probably took half the time my serrated-edge pocket knife ever would! I'm doing the screw method, so I'm cutting all the edges smooth, sanding it, and then find a fitting screw. I'm using a screw on both ends (I worry too much--It's better safe than sorry). By the way, which end is high pressure and which end is low pressure?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:57 am

Obviously, the high pressure end is the one where the actual pressure is going. Knowing the design of water guns, this is the one after the pump and check valve, the one that is right by the tubing that heads to the PC. That's the one on the left in your image.

If you're going to try the screw method, take your gun to the hardware store's screw section and try a bunch out until you get one that looks like it'll fit tight. I had a box of screws so finding one was easy, stores have better selections and you might as well spend 50 cents to get a brand new shinny screw.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:19 am

I've found a good screw, but can it be long so that it goes into the tubing a lot? It doesn't stick out into the clear tubing.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:27 am

If you use a screw, it can't go very far into the valve at all, otherwise the valve will be blocked. The screw has to be as short as possible. However, that is only for the higher pressure side. The lower pressure side [to the right in your image] doesn't matter, the screw won't block any valves. I would treat both ends as high pressure as a precaution. The lower pressure end will still be subjected to enough pressure to break out of a bad seal. So when you put the screws in and glue them, make sure the glue coverage is sufficient and strong enough. It shouldn't be too much of a concern though.

No mistakes found! :P
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:46 pm

I find using a piece of plastic or PVC to cover the hole is a lot easier and less likely to destroy something. But to each his own. -_-

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:56 pm

I found a washer and short screw that fits in it. I just epoxied the thing. I'll keep using epoxy until it's fully sealed. The other side will wait until later.

EDIT-sorry to revive an old topic, but I think it's unnecessary to make a new one. I applied a load of epoxy to washer-and-screw on the high pressure side. The low pressure side is sealed with a dime covering it, sealed tight with lots of epoxy. Will this hold tight enough? I've mixing the glue correctly, so no worries about that.

BlackSilence

Post by BlackSilence » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:57 am

Could someone show me where to cut on the Triple aggressor. I'm worried I'll cut the wrong think and screw up my gun.

Edit: Got the image tag working. ;)
<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>************************BLACKSILENCE***********************

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:29 am

Why do you keep posting in older topics? I think (especially in a topic this old) that you should post a new topic if you have a more different question.

I'm not sure why you'd want to check valve freeze the Triple Aggressor. There rarely ever will be a time when you'll actually need to freeze an air pressure gun's check valve. However, if you are set on freezing this check valve, look at the picture of the 2700's valve. You'll see it's nearly exactly the same, exactly the same cut spots. The Max-D 6000 was very similar as well. If you still aren't sure, tommorow I could edit the image on iSoaker.com to show where to cut.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:13 pm

Doom, what's the point of making another Check Valve Freeze topic when there already is one? Didn't you lecture someone for doing that before? I'm just plain confused now. What does the topic being old have to do with anything?

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:04 pm

The rule that you shouldn't dig up an old topic unless you have something important to add takes precedent. Not that a question isn't important, but I believe the definition of important in this case is relating directly to the previous discussion going on in the topic. Example numero uno, This Week's eBay Soakers.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.