Modified Flash Flood and Artic Blast

Threads about water gun modifications.
zacharious8

Modified Flash Flood and Artic Blast

Post by zacharious8 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:58 pm

I had both of these guns and decided to mod them. They are similar and each have there own easier than the other when doing a full mod.

The FF PC was the easiest to get into. But the the CVF required cutting.

The Artic Blast was the complete opposite. Easier on the CVF but a huge pain opening the PC.

The better gun is the FF hands down. Both with a 6 layer colossus, riot blaster screen removal, CVF and a nozzle drill on both primary nozzles.

I think the main factor is the riot blast. There is an angle in the connection between the bladdar and the triger/nozzle of the Artic Blast which takes away from range/kick of the blast. The Flash Flood is a straight shot.

The best part of the Artic blast is the simplicity entering the gun. Screws on the pump cap are much easier than the glue on the FF. This makes for a much cleaner look when completed.

I would like to thank this fourm for the information. My soakers are now FUN!

Zach

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:40 am

Congrats on the mods! Thanks for the nice comparison, although there's still conflicting information. Some people prefer the Arctic Shock, whereas others prefer the Flash Flood. I think we can all agree that the Arctic Shock is a bit more modder-friendly and perhaps even a bit more reliable.

zacharious8

Modified Flash Flood and Arctic Blast

Post by zacharious8 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:05 pm

I have both guns and just did the mods. The flash flood preformes better and was easier to mod. The only plus to the artic blast is the pump cap. It is held on by screws not glue.

CVF
Cutting the check vlave took seconds with a dremal in the ff and the artic blast was a plug with putty and go.

Pressure Chamber
The major diffrence was the Pressure Chamber. You must make two cuts on the artic blast. The flash flood only requires one. The flash flood cut is at the end of the PC so there is no need to glue it back together. The artic blast has to be reglued at the first cut which allowed you to unscrew the seal clamp to the water source/tirggers.

Now i am not going to get into how i glued this spot but it is under a large amount of pressure and needs EXTRA Support! My first attempt of Epoxy puddy covered with epoxy glue did not even come close to holding.

zach