Aqua pack devistator pressure and range increase

Threads about water gun modifications.
davisdude42

Aqua pack devistator pressure and range increase

Post by davisdude42 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:49 pm

just wondering how i could increase the pressure of the tank to increase the range or is there a way to increase the range without increasing the pressure.

Thanx

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:30 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

You could try experimenting with nozzle size if you want to increase the range without increasing the pressure. Try the nozzle selector mod if you're interested. However, I should warn you that most people (including me) have difficulty drilling smooth holes with regular drills, and thus stream lamination and range isn't too good. But adding a nozzle selector is safer than just drilling the original nozzle.

To increase the pressure of the CPS bladder, you'll have to do a colossus modification.

davisdude42

Post by davisdude42 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:05 pm

i have already drilled the nozzle which gave a bit better range and way more water per second. but the internals of the of the aqua pack devistator are different than the internals show on the check valve freezing thread. if anybody could tell me where to cut the valve it would be great

thanx

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:03 pm

If you had pictures, then that would really help us figure out where the check valve is. (I'm one to talk, I know. :p )
But you may not have to remove the PRV at all, if you only do 2 to 3 layers, which is all you'll want to anyway, once you start trying to get those stupid inner tubes on. Collossusing could definitely be mede easier, like if there were some sort of rubber tape. But I'm rambling again.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

davisdude42

Post by davisdude42 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:38 am

here is a link to another thread with the pics
http://forums.sscentral.org/t3827/