What is good?

General water gun discussion.
smartboy11

What is good?

Post by smartboy11 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:23 pm

Hi. I am looking into getting a new water gun. Can you give me a few good ones if I want one with average weight that fires a good distance, but is still pretty powerful? I was thinking about getting a Water Warriors Blazer. Is that a good choice? :confused:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:01 pm

If you can find a Blazer, yes. I believe they work better than the 2007 Orca, just be wary of the older electric pressure gauge activation switch. It's right behind the main trigger and will very well annoy your hand at the least. (which is why many choose to remove it)

If you do soakfests a lot, you might want to look at the Arctic Blast. (or Flash Flood, but I believe that one breaks more easily) However, if you get either one, it's a good idea to have a drill ready to enlarge the small nozzle, while a simple screen removal for the shotgun blast should do. (though many also prefer creating nozzle selectors, which involves using some PVC, gluing it on, etc.)

smartboy11

Post by smartboy11 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:05 pm

I think I'll get a Blazer because I already have an Arctic Blast. I was looking at one on eBay. The link is below. Can someone tell me if it's real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ingPayment

smartboy11

Post by smartboy11 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:04 pm

Sorry about double posting, but does the Blazer have a powerful stream?

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:44 pm

Welcome to the forums! :)

That looks like a real Blazer, at least to my untrained eye. The smaller streams are probably strong enough, but don't expect as much power as a CPS-line water gun on the larger streams. Range should be fine with the smaller streams, though.

Oh, and you can always edit your first post to add information.

soaker

Post by soaker » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:57 am

I found that my water warriors lightning works well and I got it for cheap it was $16.00 CDN for it and a yellow Jacket it's really good value for it's money.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:01 pm

smartboy11 wrote:Sorry about double posting, but does the Blazer have a powerful stream?
Powerful is a relative thing. The Blazer possesses good power against the average stock soaker and can probably do well even against some of the more legendary soakers like the CPS1500 or CPS2500. However, compared to the power delivered by various modded and homemade water blasters, the Blazer might be considered baseline to some. :p

That said, I like the Blazer and the 2005 model (the Blue one), has some good features. The electronic pressure gauge trigger is poorly placed, though, and if using it is not important to you, I'd suggest covering up that trigger with tape to prevent stress on your hand.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:11 pm

For any gun with a pressure gauge trigger, I'd have to suggest removing it (just the trigger pieces, unwiring everything else doesn't do much to lighten up the gun except battery removal), the presure gauge is just plain useless, and anyone with half a sense of how a water gun works won't need it at all. (just count your pumps and know when the PRV starts working)

As to power, I believe the Blazer's is about the same as the WW Orca, Piranha, Tiger Shark, etc. neither of which are very powerful at large nozzles, but have great performance and range with smaller nozzles. (though range obviously won't be nearly as good as heavier CPS's and k-modded ones) They are about the best guns you can find on shelves today, other than the Flash Flood and Arctic Blast. (The FF and AB are actually more powerful, but without a little nozzle modding, they won't get nearly as much range, and have less capacity than the WW's)

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Get a Max Infusion Flash Flood or an Aquashock Arctic Blast with an aquapack.
Soak On!

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:15 am

hydroblitz wrote:Get a Max Infusion Flash Flood or an Aquashock Arctic Blast with an aquapack.
I agree - from what I've heard, the Arctic Blast packs a lot more punch. I'd suggest doing some nozzle modifications though if you want more range.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:52 am

So Blazers are rare nowdays? My local London Drugs store sells a bunch of them for $14.99 CAN.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:32 am

ZOCCOZ wrote:So Blazers are rare nowdays? My local London Drugs store sells a bunch of them for $14.99 CAN.
Same for me but $19.99 CAN. I own a Blazer but not from London Drugs. Not the brand WW either.
Soak On!