What I found in the trash

Threads about water gun modifications.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:24 pm

Heh, this morning I was walking to the bus stop when I saw it lying there next to the trash can of the house where I stop: a frame backpack. Being poor and crafty, I took it and ran off back to my house to deposit it.

Later today I took a look at it. Yes, it was broken, but it is a very cheap and common repair. I just have to put buy 2 pins that hold on the straps and then put them back on, Amazing what you can find for free. This is now my new backpack for my 2 chamber APH. Should hold more water and be more conforable.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:44 pm

Originally posted by Doom@Sep 27 2004, 03:24 PM
Being poor and crafty, I took it and ran off back to my house to deposit it.

One man's trash is another man's treasure =) Yeah I Don't normally do stuff like this, but I like to use old old stuff that I used for school and other sports long ago.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:25 pm

Does it really hold water well, Mr. Doom?
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:40 pm

Well, if it's an external frame, it should be MUUUUCH more comfy than a school backpack as well as have the ability to clip, say, a Nalgene bottle of water to the frame. Although I don't think a 2L would work so well. (Off topic: I went backpacking this weekend, small hike, only 5 miles in/2 out)
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:20 pm

My friends once found a guitar in the trash, and since he LOVES Guitars, he fixed it. It rocks.

Arg, it was such a dissapointment to see my friend's 1-3-5, 1200 and XP 70 go to waste, they were faded, and the XP 70 has been sitting in his driveway for 3 weeks. It's dead now.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:35 pm

Does it really hold water well, Mr. Doom?
I just washed it out, and it actually holds water fairly well just by itself (zippers still leak). I'm going to water-proof it with some spray I have for camping gear and shoes. Then I'm going to make a second trash bag backpack to put in it, hopefully this time taking pictures. Thing is, this was really in a great condition, I have no idea why it was thrown out.
Well, if it's an external frame, it should be MUUUUCH more comfy than a school backpack as well as have the ability to clip, say, a Nalgene bottle of water to the frame. Although I don't think a 2L would work so well. (Off topic: I went backpacking this weekend, small hike, only 5 miles in/2 out)
It actually is much more confortable than a school pack, but not as comfortable as my other, newer frame backpack (which I decided was too small for water wars). This one is much larger than that, and should be great for storing water.

It appears to be an old Boy Scout backpack actually. It even has a patch on it, I wasn't able to find a pic of the backpack, but here's the patch.

Overall, a great steal for the price. I'll be checking out trash more often now. Was it toothpicmatt who found a CPS 2000 in the trash? I remember someone saying that.

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:35 pm

WOW! A High Adventure Backpack.

Nice find actually. Nice Boy Scout Backpacks can run 100$ or more. And you got the HA patch with it. Really good find. Normally you have to spend a week in Hasbro HQ for it. So Great Steal...

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:38 am

Originally posted by Doom@Sep 27 2004, 11:35 PM
Was it toothpicmatt who found a CPS 2000 in the trash? I remember someone saying that.
I don't know if he found a CPS 2000, but I remember he did find lots of stuff there. ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:40 pm

Nice find actually. Nice Boy Scout Backpacks can run 100$ or more. And you got the HA patch with it. Really good find. Normally you have to spend a week in Hasbro HQ for it. So Great Steal...
Wow, really? I never thought much of it when I saw it. I'll have to ask my scoutmaster about that.

Also, I think this is a nearly perfect backpack for a backpack mod. Lots of space, plus the holes for tent poles make a perfect slot to put the tubing to go to the gun. I'll keep you updated on the conversion. Should be very simple.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:39 pm

Best o' luck to ya, Ben.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:27 pm

I once saw a CPS 1500 in the trash once, but I didn't know anything about it, me being 8 at the time.

Heh, and when I was 8-9, I wanted a MXL.

EDIT: ^
I don't check this forum anymore.

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:35 pm

Reminds me of the good old days (I'm old) I remember playing with like a SS50 and thinking it was the beastiest thing ever. Then getting an XP110 (I think) and being amazed by it :)

Funny how things changed when the CPS range came out, it was like being hit by a firehose in comparison.

Its a shame that it look like Larami and going back to the days of the SS with their more recent guns. They seem to have decided that gimicks will sell better than raw power. *shrug* maybe they do, but its still depressing to watch the decline in the water blasters of today.