Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 06-11-2004, 12:30 PM   #1
Burnerboy

UserID: 167
Talking

Hey sup all, kinda new. ^_^ Who else here thinks storms are the best. I love em. this years ss are awful and dumb. -_- and it would seem trendmasters the company for storms is disintegrated. I have not been able to get to the website. the only place I have found many storms is on eabay and there are not always trusty people there. so I Don't by them. <_< I would like to mod my storms but it would seem that the only mod to be done is the valve freezing and it did not work to well. so I shall try epoxy next time and not glue. B)

Arsenal:
2x Cps 2100
1x Storm Typhoon force 2
1x Storm 650
1x Stream Machine

I dont have much but i dont use super soakers for my hobbie.
Burnerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:03 PM   #2
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

Welcome to SSC!

The Storm's best asset was their pistols. Their larger guns were ok, but I haven't used any of them. Possibly someone else has.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 08:11 PM   #3
superstormer

UserID: 11

50% of my teams aresnal are storm. I really like storm for their pistols. I also like their design. And the laser thing is cool sometimes, although useless.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:43 PM   #4
BlueSmudge

UserID: 97

all storm rifles I have used have broken. One for some reason became very hard to pump. I havn't purchased one in years. I might have been able to fix it now. I've only used a pistol once but it was awesome.

BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSmudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #5
ChaosKnight

UserID: 115

my friend had a storm (green/blue... I Don't know which one) rifle... I plinked him using my cps 1000, he couldnt even reach me with his inferior range! :Hey, that's funny.:
Old 06-12-2004, 12:36 AM   #6
blaze

UserID: 94

From what I have seen and heard, storm rifles are no better than a storm pistol thats just bigger. good when its small, bad when its big. I also think the unlimitor is ridiculous to use on a pistol...how are you going to soak someone with a fancy hose attachment...
blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #7
RacerSoaker445
Still selling stuff.

UserID: 83

Quote:
my friend had a storm (green/blue... I Don't know which one) rifle

Ah, I know that one, my neighbor has it. It's a Storm Monsoon Force 4.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:48 AM   #8
wetmonkey442
Retired Moderator

UserID: 47

I believe my brother has that one^ And my other friend has a red/black storm rifle. I also have two Storm 600 pistols, which are very nice!
Old 06-19-2004, 12:02 AM   #9
Volt

UserID: 185

I have one of the larger Storm guns (I'm not sure what it's called...all it said on the box was "The Storm", no name or anything. I personally think it stinks. It takes about 30-50 pumps and only gets about 15-20 feet. I tried to turn it into a Nerf gun but it still blew chunks. It might be on account of the huge amount of space the electronics are taking up, but if I were to take those out I'd have to replace most of the gun anyway.
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 12:53 PM   #10
Soakologist
Some kinda Moderator

UserID: 17

I'm afraid that the larger Storm guns, like the 2500, are worthless and leak substantially. You're going to want to stick to their pistols. The Storm 750s remain to be the best medium-sized pistols I've ever used.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:09 PM   #11
King Soaker

UserID: 180

Even the smallest CPS Super Soaker kicks any Storm guns butt! The Storms look sucky, and just don't make it in a serious Water War. Go with a fairly available CPS like the 2100 or 4100, and anybody with a Storm will be running away as fast as they can. :Hey, that's funny.:
Old 06-19-2004, 07:10 PM   #12
Sky_T_219

UserID: 172

Quote:
Originally posted by King Soaker@Jun 19 2004, 01:09 PM
Even the smallest CPS Super Soaker kicks any Storm guns butt! The Storms look sucky, and just don't make it in a serious Water War. Go with a fairly available CPS like the 2100 or 4100, and anybody with a Storm will be running away as fast as they can. :Hey, that's funny.:
I agree. My friend has a Storm Pistol and it is actually really good. I use a Max-D 2000 as a side arm he uses the storm 600 as a back-up. We always debate which gun is better as a side arm, but never get anywhere, anyone have an idea what one is better?
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color:orange'>~More to come~
Sky_T_219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 02:26 AM   #13
King Soaker

UserID: 180

I didn't appreciate the Max-Ds until I saw the new 2004 line, now I wish we had them back. I'll take the Max-D 2000 over the Storm 600 anyday. The Storms just feel cheap to me. The Max-Ds still have that quality feel like they will last forever.
We went to ToysRus last night, and I almost cried looking at those new Super Soakers.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:21 AM   #14
RacerSoaker445
Still selling stuff.

UserID: 83

I dissagree, only because Storms all have good range, and range is to me, better than power. I would go with a Storm 300 over a MD 3000 any day.

They both get the same range, but one requires pumping. The less I need to pump, the better.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:54 PM   #15
rinkydinkysplat

UserID: 214

I Don't really like storms and I think that they went out of buissness
rinkydinkysplat is offline   Reply With Quote