Flamethrower

General water gun discussion.
Lord Asriel

Post by Lord Asriel » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:30 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and, to be honest, in all water-warfare things. We don't have these superb squashers where we live so we don't ever have made a water-war using soakers.

However, I tried this once. I filled a water pistol that had pump technology(wow..) with gasoline. Put a lighter in front of it, and there went the flamethrower. Apparently, this pistol sucked and got destructed, well, what can we do...

I am planning to buy a ss for the same purpose, and I want you expert guys to advice me on the model.

What I need is:

-It H-A-S to be sturdy, at least not leaking at any case, due to security
-I like range, power, big shot times, big reservoir. That's many to asc, of course,
but I just need an opinion.
-I can sacrifice: Easy/few pump action, light weight, price. If the pump is too hard, needs to be pumped 100 times or the soaker is 1000 kilos or dollars I don't really care.
-Name the mods I could use due to restrictions from safety. I can go check what is what in the forums then, Don't have to explain aso.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:28 pm

first of all Don't use gasoline infact never do I Don't advise doing this becuce of safty but if you must use denatured alcohol or keoseane but not gas....iv made flame throwers..before execpt I used a electric pump that sent out about 7-15Oz per second and I used a gas mixture of gasoline and disele :) but I used a pressure warsher pump not a super soaker ;)
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:15 pm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:08 pm

but if he uses gas it can possble clime back to the gun and KaBoom
when I used the has I fired it in short burst and had it every high pressure

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:29 pm

I'm with shadowstalker on this one. the only thing I could think of that would work is a CPS 2000 modded to have a 1x nozzle.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Lord Asriel

Post by Lord Asriel » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:33 am

Errr I think I've made a mistake saying gasoline then, I am not going to use GAS, but LIQUID. Now if you suggest me some liquid, I'd be happy for that too :) But is gasoline gas? Geez I'm inexperienced user at English ^^

BTW what I haven't figured out iz that between 1x and 30x, which has the largest hole. Of course I want the smallest possible hole due to security reasons.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:48 am

Use something slow burning, like rubbing alcohol. I do not recommend this at all.

You're supposed to replace most of the nozzle with a piece of brass pipe or other type of metal pipe.

http://www.dopplegangers.com/insoc/Matt11.jpg

That's the only picture of this we've got. As you can see, it's like a rocket and has enourmous kick.

Again, don't do this. It's way too dangerous.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:04 pm

Again, don't do this. It's way too dangerous.
I'm afraid I have to agree with DoomSoaker on this.

Just thought I'd stick my oar in...
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:41 pm

yes I agree about the safty
*if* you do try this becareful what you use if it where my id use Denaturted Alcohol its like rubbing alcohol but its pure it will burn hotter and faster but is just as dangerous as rubbing alcohol

Note* useing fules like oil or gasoline may dissolve the Orings in the gun<thats probably why the gun leaked :huh: > but alcohol won't ^_^

(when I say gas I am talking about gasoline)

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm

Asriel, are you sure you want that CPS 1200? It has a 5x nozzle and so doesn't sound like the kind of gun you want (thought you wanted the smallest possible nozzle)...you could retract your bid and let me have it after all :P

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:50 am

You probably would want the smallest nozzle if taking on a dangerous project such as this. I would recommend a Max-D 6000 size gun. You also wouldn't want to use a CPS gun, the fuel will destroy the rubber bladder that powers it.

Again, if you are going to do this, be very careful and do not blame us if you get hurt or anything bad happens.

Lord Asriel

Post by Lord Asriel » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:29 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOL is that you spinner? It's a small world isnt it ^^ well ok I'll let you have the 1200...but its the only darn thing I could find on ebay :S they have a 1-3-5 and a monster too, I think, though they won't ship it here in Greece...sux! I need a dang cps :S Don't you guys have any unwanted ones? Please?
[Edited to add following]

DoomSoaker, I appreciate the help you're all giving me and if something bad happens it would be most lame for me to blame you, at least you don't have to worry about that ^^

Indeed I want the smallest nozzle possible, although that can be easily fixed by blocking it with silicone or plastic or whetever (I suppose).

Now, if the fuel is alcohol as someone suggests, it won't have any bad effects on the rubber bladder would it?

And just so you don't worry much, I am going to stick 2 wood tubes or whetever at the sides of the soaker, and at about 20-30 cm I am planning to put the lighter there. That can give me a picture of whether the ignition has the ability to move forward. It shouldn't, because the water speed near the nozzle should be high enough for a good soaker right?

EDIT: Watch your language.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:44 am

Yay, thanks Asriel!

Do want a CPS to make a flamethrower or just soaking? Either way, I'm afraid I haven't got a spare one...

I think Illicom was selling his soakers over at WaterWar.Net...he might ship to Greece...it depends how much you are willing to pay.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:40 pm

Eventually the fuel will eat through the rubber bladder from what I have heard. I don't actually know, I bet it will last a while though.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:18 am

if you want something that won't hurt the gun use alcohol
doom if never seen the fuel eat thoe the bladder but if heard of gasoline reacting with certon types of rubbers and plastic

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!