Spelling Mistakes

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 31, 2004 12:18 am

Post any spelling mistakes, bad grammer or general mistakes in any of SSC's articles here and Neo or me will fix them. I know there is a ton of mistakes, I just never had the time to fix all of them, only the ones I noticed. Help make the site better! :D

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Mon May 31, 2004 12:31 am

Here is one in the CPS 3000 post. On the 2nd sentence you say "it's" twice when it should be "its".

Edit: No I meant the 2nd and 3rd "it's". They are both wrong. The 1st "it's" is correct.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 31, 2004 12:33 am

Actually, the first one is correct, it's is short for it is. The second one is possesive and should be its. I'll get to work. Thanks.

Also, if anyone finds anymore, just edit them into your post here if you have posted. This topic doesn't need a million replies.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Mon May 31, 2004 12:44 am

Sorry Doom for putting that in "EDIT". I meant to post it but it got messed up and I accidentaly did that.....anyway another mistake found in the CPS 1-3-5 review by blaze. It's(Hey, that's funny.) another its/it's mistake. 3rd line. You'll see it.

Oh WOOPS!I just read your post before this. All the rest will be put in here by edit.

> Here is a big section for corrections (A large Edit Section)

-Yellow Jacket Review 4th sentence. "it's" mistake.

-Also in the CPS 2000 review another "it's" mistake. 3rd sentence.

-In "The Dark Annihilator's" review of the Monster XL there are many mistakes. 2nd sentence there is an "its" mistake and he said "ones" instead of one. 3rd sentence an "its" mistake. Also where he says
The balance is better once its filled with water
That is an "its" mistake too.

-In the Backpack Mod on the last little part of the Procedure section it says
Now onto it's useage...
"it's" mistake.

-Last line of the Storm 500 review there is an "it's" mistake.

-In Opening your Soaker top paragraph 3rd line. "it's" mistake.

-1st paragraph last line in Max-D tech there is an "it's" mistake.

-In the XP 55 review 2nd paragraph, 2nd to last line. "it's" mistake.

-In the Triple Aggresor review where it says
Its a sponge, that when you pull a valve is dampened
that is an "its" mistake.

-3rd sentence in the XP 70 review there is an "it's" mistake.

-2nd paragraph of the PVC ball and Tire Valve HomeMade 1st 2 sentences there are "it's" mistakes in both of them. (Neo: one of the "it's" mistakes was correct)

-Last sentence of the CPS 3000 review there is an "it's mistake.

-In the CPS 1000 review there are 2 "it's" mistakes. Here they are.
Its more of a sniping, mobile, untelegraphed weapon, and used as such will prove to be very helpful in battle.
and in the "pros" section
Great power for it's size
-In the CPS 1500 review in the pros section there is an "it's" mistake. You'll see it.

-In the CPS 3200 review there is an "it's" mistake where it says
I do not believe that the CPS 3200 is worth it's price.
-In the XP 150 review there is an "it's" mistake in the 2nd to last line.

-In the Monster X Review there is an "its" mistake. This is it.
Also the tank, even though its large, can be emptied fast.
-In What Really Matters in Water Warfare there is an it's mistake.
Well, from what I know it's range is only about 30 feet.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 31, 2004 10:26 pm

[at]Doom: Is it possible to add some kind of spell check system to the forums?
That would be useful so people would be reminded of typographical errors before they post something.

Also, if you submit an article, simply run it through spell check before sending it.
Not all of them check grammer, and some have lists of recognized words that are too small, so try and get a typing program that has a good checker.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 31, 2004 11:58 pm

Many of the articles I ran myself through AbiWord, a word proccesor for Linux. However, many still were uncorrected. I think that no program is perfect, so this would probably be the best solution.

Btw, I'll try to fix all the errors ASAP. Don't remove any from your posts, if it says your post is too large start another one.

I could add a spell check thing to the forums. I remember that there was a spell check mod for Invision Board 1.1, I tried it when we had that version but I never got it to work. I did add some commonly misspelled words to the word filter, maybe I'll just do that again with more words. ;)

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:25 pm

Here is another in Air Pressure Homemade. 2nd paragraph last sentence there is an "it's" mistake.

BTW- I only made a new post mostly as a reminder. If I find more they will be edited into this one.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:46 am

Fixed. Keep posting mistakes!
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:51 am

I have now made it so all the mistake foundings in my large mistake post now have a red "-" next to them IF THEY HAVE NOT BEEN CORRECTED. Mods may feel free to modify my post and replace them with a regular "-" when they correct mistakes.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:47 am

OK, cool. ill see what I can do ;) *dreads milkman's list* I swear I can hear it calling me.... fix me... fix me! but it's soooo long! oh well, guess it's kinda my job eh?

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:56 pm

w00t! I finished it! thanks for the list milkman! (excuse the double post and l33t) some of them weren't mistakes at all, so I deleted those from the post.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:19 pm

DoomSoaker, just so you know, under the Tech: Repair section the description for "Pump Cap Repair" is the same as "Trigger Pulling Problems".
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:30 pm

I can't believe it took me this long to notice that post. Thank you, I'll try to fix it asap.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:36 pm

No Problem for the list. I think the site is mostly mistake free now. If I find anymore mistakes I will edit them into this post.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:30 pm

Submissions
SSCentral takes submissions for it's site. Some people don't have a good way to get them to us, so that is what this forum is for. Topics will be deleted when they are added.
On that board description the word "it's" should be "its." The apostrophe makes the word mean "it is," so right now the sentence means "SSCentral takes submissions for it is site."
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!