I need something ridiculous

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
joker7

I need something ridiculous

Post by joker7 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:50 pm

I want a water gun, personally made. I want it to have a capacity tank that will hold 4 gallons (or at least close). Also i need it to perform 2 actions, stream and blast. The stream should have a range of 50 feet, and the blast would be a close range of 5 feet and empty out an 1/8 of the tank. If you can find a way to make this possible, please respond.

cantab

Re: I need something ridiculous

Post by cantab » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:24 pm

What you describe isn't particularly ridiculous. A large APH design with two nozzles should do the job. You may find though that you don't need the blast - a large stream can send well over a pint per second your desired 50 feet range.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Re: I need something ridiculous

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 pm

A better specification to give is what you're using the water blaster for. Is it for wars? Assassination games? Showing off? Or to blast some cocky kid away? 50ft range is easy to attain for most designs and homemades have a wide variety of power possibilities. An important factor is how resourceful you are; water guns have many ergonomical issues that require creative solutions and you may or may not want or need those solutions, but they can be very helpful if you're actually using the water gun in a war.