Vanquisher Internals

General water gun discussion.
martianshark

Vanquisher Internals

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:42 am

I opened up my Vanquisher yesterday and took some pictures of its internals. It was very easy to open thanks to its high quality screws and very easy to remove pump cap.

Here they are:

Last edited by martianshark on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Re: Vanquisher Internals

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 am

Interesting. I wonder if disconnecting the second reservoir could help performance if the PC is having trouble deflating. A few pictures are a bit out of focus, but some of them are pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Ya beat me to it! Was hoping to open mine up in the next few days. I probably will, anyhow, and take more pics, but these are definitely great and show a lot of info on how the Vanquisher works!

As for disconnecting tubing, while one can, that then also means that you can have more possibility of dribbling out of the upper holes if you tip the blaster on its side.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:09 pm

You'd have to disconnect two places though - the big tube along the bottom, and the smaller one at the top. (Presumably the idea is the smaller one gives a route for air to move through).

The valve assembly, while not Max-D style, seems more complicated than most. I wonder if it might be more prone to breakage. A failure mode I can see likely is the upper bar disengaging from the valve arm. While easily fixed, many casual users will just regard it as a broken blaster.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 pm

It is the same valve mech as the one in my Vindicator. It shows no sign of breaking, and the trigger pull for both the vanquisher and the vindicator seems to be holding up better than my blazer and tiger shark. I have had the blazer for a while, but the trigger first needed repair ~3 months after I got it. My vindicator received heavy use for over a year without breaking the valve. The bladder did shoot off like a rocket from too much pressure though. I believe that it was because the connection point for the bladder is in water for most of the time. this probably weakens the plastic, not to mention the screws holding it on.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:50 pm

I know that some of the images are out of focus. While I was taking pictures, I accidently bumped some random button that put it into another mode that made it more out of focus. Also, it's really hard to take a clear picture with the flash off for some reason.

I thought the top tube was the PR or something, but being for air makes sense.

I don't think the valve system very likely to break. It doesn't open instantly like the Max-D system, which doesn't harm the spring or anything that much.

I also would have taken off the reservoirs and taken some pictures of the bladder, but some thingy was in the way that not only was screwed, but glued.