XXP275 off setting mod?

Threads about water gun modifications.
cantab

XXP275 off setting mod?

Post by cantab » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:48 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to give the XXP275 an off-setting on one of its nozzles? I presume one could simply glue shut one of the existing nozzles, but it would be nicer were it possible to keep all the existing settings.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Silence

Re: XXP275 off setting mod?

Post by Silence » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:09 pm

You could cut the pipe and insert another ball valve there. Or rework the trigger/valve/connector setup inside to use multiple triggers or something. Beyond changing the nozzle selector there's probably not much you can do.

The XXP 275's entire point is the dual streams, though. Sure they're not as powerful as a single stream...but if it's a real problem, switch blasters. :p

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Silence wrote:The XXP 275's entire point is the dual streams, though.
You could say the same about the Monster XL, yet it has an off setting.

A single 1x nozzle on the XXP 275 would be expected to double shot time. And unlike reducing the nozzle size of a single-nozzled soaker, might it actually increase range compared to the dual nozzles? Since the same 'power' in the gun goes to one nozzle rather than two. I think the MXL exhibits that behaviour.

Also, maybe a silly question, but I presume the two settings on the XXP 275, and for that matter the MXL, can be changed independetly.

Somewhat off topic, but I'd be interested to see an MXL firing with two different settings, especially the 6-way and 4-way blasts. Complete and unavoidable area coverage is what I'm thinking :D
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Oh, I thought you had one...not yet, I suppose. Anyway, the XXP 275 does have two independent nozzle selectors.

A single nozzle definitely has better performance. One wider stream has better range than two narrower ones, especially since the output is about the same.

As a note, as you can see in one of the pictures here, the Monster XL does sacrifice the "shower" nozzle on one of the selectors in order to cut off flow through that nozzle.

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Yeah, I don't have a 275, but there's one going on UK eBay. Of course whether or not I get it largely depends on price, I'm rather stingy at the moment and there's a good chance it will go for more than I'll pay. The 6x soakage is pretty good I think, better stream output than any of my current arsenal (my Arctic Blast and nozzle-drilled Secret Strike have a big blast, but it's short range).
Arsenal:

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:41 am

I've been wondering, do UK people surf the normal Ebay? I'm curious if more would bid if I include the UK in shipping options...
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

CROC

Post by CROC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:32 am

Err DX: On UK eBay, it shows the international sellers of your search, so they have no need for browsing the .com or .ca eBays. Like the 1200 I recently won, from the USA due to seeing international sellers
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:49 am

I don't know much about ebay, but is it if the seller lists an item can ship to a certain/multiple regions then it would automatically show up in that region's ebay search.
makes sense doesn't it?
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:13 am

It may only show overseas some of the time, like if there aren't many search results.

I usually just look through the Water Pistols category, it's manageable on UK eBay. The US categories aren't the same, so I don't see anything from there (or any other country). When I actually do a specific search, then I do see the US results - and to be frank, the P&P's normally too expensive.

Strangely, I'm not sure I've seen European results. That may be due to fewer soakers there, or it may be the language barrier - even soaker names can differ, e.g Liquidator / Pressurizer.
Arsenal:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:56 am

DX wrote:I've been wondering, do UK people surf the normal Ebay? I'm curious if more would bid if I include the UK in shipping options...
I certainly used to when I was more actively building my collection. I also used to ship to any country, and ended up selling overseas a few times. I'd recommend shipping worldwide. ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:50 pm

The 275 has become a moot point since the seller removed the listing :-(
Arsenal:

used man

Post by used man » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:03 pm

"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website