CPS 2100 nozzle mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:49 pm

Well Dux was talking about his nozzle mod, Is that the same one on the site? But the main thing is that I am probaly(sp?) going to do the nozzle mod but does it increase the range of the normal nozzle size and other by a little bit? I don't want to ruin it by putting a thing that can change the size so any help is aprreciated.

Thanks

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:20 pm

While you're not perfect, you have improved your spelling and grammer, and it is good to see that you are courteous enough to point out possible mistakes. probaly = probably ;)

The range could decrease. It could increase. It all depends on what size nozzle you put on. And there is no single perfect nozzle size, there are many variables to determine that. Read the Streams article to learn how to find the ideal nozzle size (that is, if you understand the math behind it).

Also, Duxburian thanked me very much for making this mod. You will not ruin your CPS 2100 unless you do it incorrectly. This is one of the best mods ever created.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:23 pm

Yeah. I'm planning on doing it to all five of mine. Dux has experimented with different sizes and he thinks a certain size may increase the range on his best to go close to 70 feet. The first time he tried it, it shot about 4 or 5 feet further than the origional nozzle. A thing to remember is that you can put different nozzles on the soaker, so you can switch it for certain ideal times.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:37 pm

Yeah. I'm planning on doing it to all five of mine. Dux has experimented with different sizes and he thinks a certain size may increase the range on his best to go close to 70 feet. The first time he tried it, it shot about 4 or 5 feet further than the origional nozzle. A thing to remember is that you can put different nozzles on the soaker, so you can switch it for certain ideal times.
A 1/4" nozzle had roughtly 65ft. range to the last drop, 60ft. effective range. That was tested on my weakest 21000 and that isn't the ideal nozzle size for range. On my best 21000 with the best nozzle size I think it could reach 70.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:13 pm

I am sorry for bringing up a old topic of mine, But I have now completed the new nozzle mod for my CPS 21000. I have a problem however, The stream tends to breaks up when it leaves the nozzle and, I Don't belive it goes as far as it should be going. Is this normal or not? Please help me here. Btw the nozzle size is 13/64 and also another on that is 1/ 8.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:56 pm

Depends on how much it's breaking up. It might have to do with how well you drilled the new nozzles. If they're clean cut, and if the hole is relatively in the center. After Dux did his, the stream was better laminated.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:30 pm

It might also be the sizes. I've try at the lowest a 1/4" and 3/8" nozzle on a super-powerful gun if I want the stream to come out more nicely. On my APHs, a 1/16" nozzle doesn't even have much of a stream due to the velocity of it (very funny looking), and the riot blast doesn't exactly have the range. Both sides of the curve, you're a little on the small nozzles side so I'd make larger ones.